||27.||

•||Ch27: Upside Down||•

||Mirha POV||

I was feeling something cold was pressing my mind. I was feeling suffocated in the pool of hundred people. One minute ago, I was feeling happy and was enjoying the party but now I was feeling empty and incomplete.

I leaned on the wall because I had no energy to stand up. My eyes were blankly glued to my cellphone.

I was going to washroom few moments before because I wasn't better. But on my way to washroom, I received a message which turned my world upside down.

Ali: Bye forever!

I couldn't think straight. A sobbed escaped from my mouth and tears flowed down from my eyes. I didn't know and couldn't understand what did it mean. But my brain was telling me he left me forever and abandoned me.

But my heart was not believing it. My heart was telling he was just playing and joking. It was some kind of his prank. I dialed his number but he wasn't receiving. Every time annoying voice of a lady was heard from other side.

"...The number you have been dialing is switch off please try later..."

I closed my eyes and slipped against the wall. No one was on this side of house. I was lonely on the empty side of the house. I hugged myself legs and cried silently.

"Mirha?"

I heard Saif's voice but I didn't look up. He kneeled down in front of me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Mirha, why are you crying?" He asked, concernly.

I sobbed loudly and hugged him. I felt him getting tensed. I cried on his shoulder and he let me but he didn't hug me back cause he knew it was not appropriate to hug someone's wife like this. But I wasn't in my right state of mind.

After crying for good fifteen minutes, I pulled away when no tears were left in my eyes. I wiped my tears and sat back against the wall.

"What happened?" He asked sitting beside me.

"I want to go home," I whispered, tiredly.

He didn't ask anything more but stood up and stretched his hand in front of me. I took it and stood up. He pulled me to the back door of the house and I followed him silently.

Once we both were outside, I pulled my hand out from him and looked around for Danial. When he saw me, he came to me.

"Ma'am, are you fine?" He asked scanning my face.