THIRTEEN , GAME ON

"YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS for this," Harper huffed for the millionth time that night, chucking herself down on the bench in between Stiles and Kira, who was now a part of the lacrosse team

The air was freezing as they watched Devenford Prep and their own team stretch out of the field, laughing and joking around on their separate sides. Harper's friends were all geared up in their burgundy uniform, waiting anxiously for the game to start.

"We have a plan," Scott declared firmly, ignoring his best friend who was definitely not being as optimistic as usual.

"Oh, yeah?" Harper leaned past Kira to cock her head at Scott sarcastically, "and what's that?"

Scott tore his gaze from her, sucking on his bottom lip before replying halfheartedly, "to survive?"

"Genius," Isaac muttered, not a fan of the plan either.

Stiles placed his hand down on Harper's thigh, squeezing it to stop it from bouncing up and down so much. Harper sighed, trying to release some of the stress she was experiencing. It was a mixture of her own and her friends', making it hard to contain. Being an Empath sucked.

To be honest, Harper was terrified of her losing her best friends tonight. While she had been busy with Malia and Lydia- who wasn't answering any of her phone calls now- Stiles, Isaac, Scott and Kira had worked out that one of the assassins was Garrett- a boy in Beacon Hills lacrosse team.

They had realised that he was probably going to try something tonight, but Scott had decided that they were still going to go through with it. Stiles thought it was stupid too, but apparently, Scott and Kira had pulled a whole 'we're not scared of anything' kind of thing, choosing to go ahead with the game.

Scott got up when he noticed Coach on the sidelines, jogging over to try and get him to pull Liam out of the game. It ended with Coach laughing in the werewolf's face, clearly indicating that Scott was not going to get his way. Liam was going to play.

A whistle blew, Kira, Isaac and Stiles standing up on either side of Harper. The brunette also stood up, handing Stiles his helmet which had been by their feet. He accepted it with a small smile, leaning down and pecking her forehead.

"Be safe," she looked him in the eye, much like a concerned mother would.

"I'm not even on the dead pool," he reminded her, "I'll be fine."

"I don't care," Harper murmured, gripping his lacrosse jersey and pulling him down so that their lips met for a quick peck, "please, just stay away from Garrett and- and have fun."