Chapter 19

Things slowly get back to as normal as they can be, but one thing Lauren's noticed is that more often that not, Camila was little. She has a few guesses why honestly. Maybe this way, the younger girl had no worries about what she had eavesdropped on. What she had overheard before being ready to hear.

Lauren doesn't mind. It gave her an excuse to take her mind completely off of it.

She knows she's gonna have to bring it up soon though. Sit them both down so they could have a long, proper talk and get things back to how they used to be. But for now, she was allowing them both to forget it ever happened. To keep the peace. To stop anymore upsets.

Her feelings for Camila hadn't grown, but they hadn't gone away either. It was like now she'd bought how she feels to light; she more or less was coming to the realisation that maybe she did she a future with her. Maybe not anytime soon, but it wasn't off of the table either.

"Alright, stand up" she murmurs as she rinses her soapy hands off in the bath water, reaching for the towel that had been sitting on her lap and holding it out for the younger girl in front of her as she rises to her feet.

Camila doesn't hesitate to comply, eagerly leaning into her mamas arms and allowing herself to be lifted out of the tub and onto the floor. She pouts a little put out and not being immediately lifted, but refrains from voicing her feelings out loud as she knew she was treading on a thin line.

But of course Lauren seems to sense the girls feelings, "let mama dry you off before I lift you baby" she presses a lingering kiss to wet skin as she continues with her task of patting the wet skin dry, wrapping a clean towel around her that she had gotten from the toilet seat once she had deemed herself done.

She then lifts her, allowing Camila's legs to settle around her hips before wondering through to her room. A diaper and a clean set of pyjamas were already sat on the bed ready, and after grabbing a hair brush from the dresser she was gently easing the quiet girl down next to them.

"Lay down" she whispers with a small smile, bopping the girl on the nose to encourage her to what she's been told.

Camila grins shyly and nods, dropping herself so she was laying down on her back.

Her hips were lifted before she could blink, and as she gazes around the room with heavy lids she feels the padded item come together around her waist, tightening securely. Her arms and legs were manoeuvred into the clothes and soon enough Lauren was sliding onto the bed behind her and beginning to run the brush through her long, wet hair.

Nobody speaks though. Not like normal. It was almost...awkward between the two.

It makes Camila want to cry honestly, because this wasn't them. This isn't how they operated, how they worked together. It was like they were strangers, like they had only just met and were testing each others boundaries in fear of a repeat of last week happening again.

The silence was soon broken though, and Camila finds herself letting out a shaky breath of relief when she was pulled back onto the familiar pair of thighs. She nuzzles close, breathing in the oh so soothing scent worried this may be the last time she gets to do it.

And thankfully arms return the embrace. They hold her close, soothingly cupping the back of her head and running ever so slightly up and down her back.

The tears do spill then, and Camila brings her arms up to wrap around the woman's neck as an attempt to hide it.

"It's okay baby" a soothing voice murmurs into her ear before familiar lips press against the side of her head. And at the unexpected action, Camila finds her eyes flickering closed. Almost in relief.

Relief that Lauren didn't hate her. That she wasn't ignoring it her. But of course Lauren would know she was upset without even having to look. She was magic, psychic.

Or maybe it was because Camila was never good at hiding her emotions. She was always one to wear her heart on her sleeve, getting upset after every scold, every stern look.

Deciding that she didn't want to think about this right now, she attempts to soothe herself by entering a few fingers into her mouth.

"No baby, no fingers" Lauren eases little fingers away and replaces them with a pacifier, cutting off the whine that was about to escape trembly lips, "c'mon, let's settle down, make the most of our quiet time before we need to talk" she sits against her headboard of her bed with the smaller girl settled on top of her, head on her chest and legs curled up either side of her hips.

Camila goes to question her, but soon finds herself being stopped by a hand coming down to pat soothingly against her padded behind. Knowing that Lauren was right and she really did need to make the most of this, the comfort, the closeness, she clings to her shirt and nuzzles as close as she could to her chest, an easy feet considering the woman was only clad in a sports bra and sweatpants.

"Close your eyes baby, it's okay"

And she does.

**

Tell me what you think ☺️

Next chapter: 180 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️