Chapter 3 - Sebastian

She was beautiful. Shorter--5 foot 5 inches, maybe 6? Not super thin, but trim. Shoulder length blonde hair, full lips and blue eyes.

I dont know why I followed her home. Something about her was... interesting? I dont know. There was like this magnetic pull that wouldn't allow me to leave her side. Gravity was yanking my restless soul towards her and I was powerless to stop it. I have seen thousands of people in hundreds of different places but none affected me like her. I was curious.

Most times I could look at someone and get a hunch as to what their mood was, what their life must be like, what thoughts were running through their heads. And then I was done. Even if I wasnt right, which I'm sure was pretty much all of the time, I would just move on to the next person as I had examined them to the full extend of my interest. But this girl...

I wanted to know her.

I sat next to her in the subway car and just watched as I do. Luckily, no one would see me. I'm sure I looked quite creepy and stalkerish staring intently at her. Her facial expressions were animated and changed often. I assumed her inner thoughts rotated swiftly and frequently.

She was uncomfortable. Her eyes flickering all over the car. A small smile to the old lady with the purse. An annoyed glance at the guy consumed in his phone. A disgusted stare at the couple in the corner. Her reaction to the kissing couple made me laugh. Her brows furrowed, her nose scrunched up and she curled the right side of her top lip reminding me of Elvis. It was adorable.

And I knew in that very moment, I would follow her anywhere. Just to be around her. Just to know her. Her thoughts... emotions. What made her tick. What made her happy. What made her cry. What was her life like? I didnt want to guess this time. I didnt want to create a false reality for my own amusement. I just wanted to take in as much information as I could. I wanted to be near her.

And so I did just that.

I noticed other people as I followed her. She seemed uneffected as she kept her head down purposely trying to avoid their gaze. As if she was Moses parting the Red Sea, or an invisible V-plow attached to the front of her, people just naturally moved out of her way. It was the aura she projected and she projected it pretty far.

I smiled as I watched her face light up at the sight of her cat welcoming her home. Milo, she had called him. He was a good looking cat.

Animals didnt like me much. Dogs would stare, bark and growl at me. Cats would swat at me, hissing. So I wasnt surprised by Milo's reaction to my presence. Animals had a keen sixth sense.

She turned to examine the space I occupied behind her. I wasnt worried as I knew she wouldn't see me. However, her eyes locked on mine and for a split second, I thought she actually could see me. Shock, awe, nervousness and amazement all combined into one big wave that washed over me.

But it was short lived as she broke away from her inspection of the the wall and told Milo to quit being so "extra."

Ha.

I followed her through her small studio apartment. Not knowing what to expect but definitely never expecting her to start taking off her clothes. Which was dumb of me, she probably just got off work. A white button down the front and black slacks. A waitress? Maybe.

I turned my head. Not willingly, but still, I wasnt a perv.

She was rummaging through her dresser drawers. I watched her out of the corner of my eye, determined not to stare at her half naked body, clad only now in a bra and underwear. But I wanted to...

Nope.

No Sebastian, no looky!

Ugh, it was killing me. Well, if I hadnt been already dead, it would be.

After regretfully giving her a minute or two of privacy, I finally allowed myself a peek. She was wearing a white tshirt, stained with a variety of splotches and splatters of paint. And pink shorts that were a tad bit too short. I let my eyes travel from shorts, down her thighs. They were trim but not too thin, subtle lines defining the leg muscles under her porcelain skin. No thigh gap. I liked that. I watched her pull her hair up into a messy bun atop her head.

She was gorgeous.

For the first time since I could remember, I desperately wanted to be seen, to be noticed... by her.

Unfortunately, she wouldnt see me--ever. She didnt know I existed. She would carry on with her every day life as I sat on the side lines, wishing I was part of it. I felt a pain in my chest, deep and piercing. It was overwhelming to my spirit. And, for the first time since I could remember, I was upset. Sad, I guess? I'm not really sure. All I knew was that, for the first time ever, I wanted to be known.

So I did what I never do. What I spent my existence promising myself I would never do. What others of my kind didnt have a problem doing and did quite often.

I pulled all her dresser drawers out.