Chapter 9

Jackson's P.O.V.

Ethan smiled and said to our fathers, "Thank God I don't have to repeat everything. It's time to talk and make a plan."

Ethan and Emma did not notice the toll remembering everything ad the multiple shiftings from human to wolf took on our fathers. They had exited the room to go to the living room to be more comfortable to talk, leaving us to follow. However, Ryder and Asher can barely talk much less walk.

I move over to them and offer my assistance. They gladly accept, knowing they are not in a position not to. 

Ryder said, "Thank you for the help." I only grunt in response. I still didn't like these fathers of mine. I only talk to people I trust or like.

Asher laughed, "He is the protector of the three while Emma talks and Ethan threatens. We had a similar agreement when we were young. I talked while Ryder was the imposing presence in the back." I did not deign the comment with an answer.

They fall silent as we walk. I take them first to the kitchen. I didn't need them collapsing and going into a comatose state because of lack of food. I set both Alphas on the stools and start cooking. 

I don't bother calling Emma or Ethan because either they can come here or wait a while. I look in the fridge and pull out some steaks. 

I didn't bother engaging in small talk as Ethan or Emma would be tempted to do. Once the food was ready, I put it in front of them. They fell upon it like starving wolves which I guess they are. 

I replaced plates by plates of food in front of them until they were filled. I had made sure that our fathers could be of further use to us. Nothing more, nothing less. But I had a small curiosity about them.

I gave into it and asked, "Why didn't your Beta replace you as Alpha the moment you became unstable because of your missing mate?"

It made no sense. It was dangerous to leave these two unstable Alphas in charge. Every wolf in a pack relied on them. 

Asher answered me, "Blake has no interest in becoming Alpha. In fact, he really doesn't want to. Instead, he hides our state from the public. Alice doesn't want to be the Luna either. She already has three kids with a fourth on the way and she says that is enough."

That was a reasonable explanation. It satisfied my curiosity though I had more questions. I am sure that Ethan or Emma will ask those and I will get my answer. Like where are Alice's kids. 

Ryder asked his own question, "Why did Ava hide you from us?"

I didn't even dignify that question with an answer. It was stupid. Mom never hid us. They just never thought to look for her in the middle of the biggest rogue operation, the Smith Organization. 

Asher answered his twin for me, "Idiot, we never looked at the Smith Organization. I know Ava she never hid from us on purpose. In fact, I think her wolf has subconsciously been sending us messages the entire time. . ." He obviously continued the conversation in the twin mind-link they share. 

I didn't mind. I did it all the time with Ethan and sometimes Emma. Speak of the devils, they were coming into the kitchen.

Ethan scathingly comments, "Eating without us?" I gave him a look since he was too stupid to have seen that state that our father had been in. 

Emma caught on first and hit Ethan on the head, "You are a doofus! The Alphas were running low on energy and would nave collapsed if we had tried to talk first. God, this is why Jackson is my favorite twin!"

"Hey, I thought you didn't have favorites!" whined Ethan.

Emma looked at him not impressed, "I do now."

Alpha Ryder and Asher watched this scene with amused faces. I could see myself in them right then. The two of them finally sat down on the other two stools. 

I commented, "Took you long enough to come here."

"Well, I didn't see you coming to tell us," retorted Ethan.

I shot back, "Use your senses. It was obvious that we were not following you."

Emma put a hand on Ethan, "It's not worth it, Ethan. Jackson always wins."

Ethan looks playfully upset and glares at me playfully. This is what our interactions always are. Ryder cleared his voice, discreetly reminding us to stay on topic. 

Asher says, "So what can you tell us more about the Hunters?" Ethan and Emma both look at me because I was the one who kept track of them most of the time in the Organization.

I stood up, "These Hunters are the main group. The others that you encounter are splinter groups off of this one. Mom was most likely brought to their base which is located about eight hour drive from the territory claimed by the Smith Organization. We do not bother them and they do not bother us. It is extremely worrisome that they were so close to us and you. Anyway, Josh and Chris most likely already have the layout to their main base and have confirmation for mom's location."

I sat back down. The original plan was for us three to inherit the Organization. More recently, mom had to get Ethan and I extra training with our Alpha abilities. It became clear that we would eventually be drawn to our pack to which we are heirs. Emma had extra training to be the sole inheritor of the Organization.

Emma picked up where I left off. I already knew what she was going to say. We both would treat the situation the exact same way. 

I was worried about mom. It had been about 8-10 hours since her capture. These Hunters have the reputation for killing their captures within a day of being caught. There would be intense torturing session. I had seen those who escaped their grasp and the results were not pretty.

The woman were raped and tortured. The men were emasculated and tortured also. I was honestly scared for my mom. I had the regular mafia get in touch with the Hunters to negotiate the price of Mom acting as if she had crossed one of them and they wanted a personal vengeance.

I had made sure to precise that we wanted her unharmed. The negotiations were going on, but they would most likely fall through. Either way, we would attack them before. I could feel that mom was alive through our weird family/pack link. 

I decided that their discussion of the risks had gone on long enough. The Alphas had enough information to either decide to help us or not.

I stood up and asked, "Will you help us rescue our mother, your mate?"

Alpha Asher and Ryder shared a look during which it was obvious they were mind-linking before Ryder answers, "Of course, we will help you rescue Ava. We have some conditions though. When we first met, Emma told us that you would rescue your mother and hide her from us. We only wish to be given a week after Ava recovered to see if she is still willing to have us and we wish to make you and Ethan our heirs no matter Ava's decision." 

I told him, "If our mother is rescued, it will be up to her if she wants you or not. I will make sure that she is reachable for a week once she is recovered from her injuries. After that, if mom wants, I will make her disappear-" The Alphas growled at the suggestion that they would never see their mate again. "-Ethan and I will be the future Alphas of the pack no matter what and Emma will inherit the Smith Organization. We all agree to these terms."

I knew that this was the best deal we could get for our situation. The deal was struck and now we could work.

Ethan took control and said, "Then, it's time to get mom back."