Maze

Prompt: "The Doctor and Clara suddenly get lost in an unknown maze in the TARDIS, trying to find each other." So this was sent in by Swag_In_Sparks, and I hope you all enjoy! (Sorry this is so late. Homework and life suck sometimes.) Side-note: They are not a couple in this one, Eleventh Doctor.

*******************

The TARDIS groaned, interrupting Clara and the Doctor. They had been discussing where and when to go next. They exchanged knowing glances and the Doctor started petting the console, trying to figure out what was wrong.

Clara huffed. Ugh. Not this again, Clara thought to herself. She was annoyed because her and the Doctor were in the middle of at least what she considered a pretty intimate moment. They had been leaning against the console, holding hands, and discussing their next adventure. The Doctor had been excitedly telling Clara all about this one planet he had been to that one time, when he suddenly trailed off. He had stood up a little straighter. He moved towards Clara a little bit, and she leaned into him. He had began to lean in a little bit when...the TARDIS groans.

"Doctor..." Clara began, but was interrupted by the man right beside her. She could feel cool air on the spot where his torso had touched hers, and she desperately wanted his warmth back to fill the void. But he had already moved on.

"Nah. The TARDIS is just throwing a fit. We're completely fine. Nothing to worry about," he said. Clara could see the faintest trace of a blush from the moment they had just shared. She was a bit ashamed to admit that she herself was blushing.

Suddenly the TARDIS shook, and Clara fell into the railing. It didn't hurt much, but it surprised her enough that she cried out anyway.

"Clara?!" the Doctor shouted frantically.

"I'm fine. Just surprised me, that's all," Clara shouted back. She stood up to find that there was a wall on either sied of her, but no doors like the TARDIS halls usually had. She could hear the Doctor on the other side of the wall coming to the same conclusion; they were in a TARDIS maze.

Clara began walking to the end of the hallway to see if she could find a door. She knew that the TARDIS wasn't going to surrender, but she hoped the TARDIS played fair. The maze was already set up, no changing, no swapping, and definatly no getting them lost forever.

As she ran down the hall, she saw a door, and decided to go through it. What do I have to lose? she thought to herself. As she opened it, she saw the library. Thank god.

Meanwhile, the Doctor was dashing through the halls, desperate to meet up with Clara at some point. He could always convince the TARDIS to let him out, she could not. He still couldn't wrap his head around why the machine hated Clara so much. Especially because the TARDIS knew that he sort of had a thing for Clara. The box had liked Rose she he had a thing for her, so what changed?

Clara walked through the library, shouting out her savior's name every once in a while. Eventually she gave up on the thought that he was in there and ran to the far side of the room to find the only doorway that was available in the whole room. She pushed the button that opened it and walked down the hall until she was stopped by the only way forwards; two doors. She stood and contemplated her options, and decided to go through the left door. Her decision was only made more firmly when she heard the Doctor cry out from behind it.

"Doctor?" She asked uneasily. She couldn't see him anywhere. Then she turned the corner and saw a bloodied Doctor, lying on the ground, wincing in pain. "Doctor!"

She knelt down beside him and applied pressure to his torso, trying to stop the bleeding. She was trying to keep herself calm, and cool. She couldn't panic, panic would make it worse.