Chapter 8: A Revelation and Ruffled Feathers

Author's Notes: (Picture from Zeldapedia). Can I just say that I love my boy Teba? Not only is he a great fit for a father figure (literally) but also I can make him SUPER smug, it's the best. In case any of y'all were wondering yes it is a literal ice storm outside pretty much so hey I can do this in the meantime. I was elated after finishing last chapter so I could begin writing this one. Now I can finally move them to their next goal while also tying up any loose ends there. Did someone say road trip!? Oh man I am so ready for these next few chapters. Expect some fun stuff and some other appearances from special characters, no spoilers. Alright back to the "Revali is put on blast" fic!

Also do you guys like the new cover? I made it myself! It took a little bit to finally create a design I liked but I think it's much better now :)

Other Notes: About the song... I was originally going with a different song (that will show up later) but it was tonally not fit for the chapter. I think this fits better because it's something I listen to whenever i'm feeling anxious, depressed, or just bad in general. I hope some of you can get the same good feeling from it.

Warnings: Look this is a chapter with some heavy themes. There's gonna be references to depression and self worth because I've personally struggled with these things. In addition as someone who went through this same process I have no problem writing this as positive, because I had a positive coming out. I can understand if others have not had the same luxury as I had, just keep that in mind before you read. This is a completely positive coming out but I understand if it's not that way for everyone.

Revali followed Teba close from behind, not knowing what expression he was wearing. Was he serious, pompous, bitter, excited? Revali had no idea what to expect from the other archer. Teba led Revali to the entrance of one of the homes and gestured inside the door with his wing. It must have been his. "Please, if you will join me... master," he added on master at the end after hesitating. Revali knew there was no going back now.

"Well, thank you for your manners but I don't seem to know what this is all about in the slightest," he spouted, brushing the side of Teba's shoulder on his way inside. It was a simple home, a table with eating utensils alongside cups and plates. A blue rug with red and green patterns laid on the floor where Revali stood now. He turned around to see Teba enter, pulling a string as a flap of green fabric unrolled and covered the door. A bit of panic went through Revali for a split second not knowing why they needed privacy. He went around the home doing the same with different rolls of fabric until all the windows were completely closed off to the outside. It was incredibly dark, until Teba lit a few candles and sat on the floor. Crossing his legs and letting total silence fall over them.

"What is going on here exactly? It seems odd to shut ourselves in, how serious is this? Is it even worth my time?" Revali asked, demanding an answer from the Rito. Teba had closed his eyes and didn't respond to him. He simply sat there, unmoving. Revali took this as a hint that he should also take a seat. He let out a sigh and sat down himself crossing his legs. Careful not to have his talons dig into the rug beneath. He noticed some movement as Teba finally opened his eyes.

"I wanted to talk to you about a few things concerning not only yourself but the hero as well," Teba stated blatantly. He let himself smile just a tad when he saw a little shock run through the otherwise, mostly composed Revali.

"Link? What does this have to do with him? What does this have to do with ME," Revali said back, making sure he didn't betray any nervousness in his voice. Teba slowly reached behind him grabbing a little book that Revali instantly recognized as his journal, it was NOT a diary. Okay, it was a diary. Spara had requested that he write down his thoughts to better deal with some of his anxiety. It actually helped quite a bit and he took up the habit of writing an entry every couple of days for years.