Chapter Eight

I've gotten used to waking up this early, usually by nightmares. Right now I'm rummaging through my clothes several times before it dawns on me that Reagan must have thrown away all of my clothes that are decent enough and don't look like I'm going to some kind of frat party. I pull out whatever looks like it would cover up the most skin.

Once I'm out of the shower, wrapping my hand triple before I got in, I go to the infirmary to get it cleaned, I'm too lazy to do it myself. On the walk down there I thankfully don't meet anyone I know. Walking in the nurse smiles as she already knows why I'm here.

"Hey, kid, over here," she says, referring to a room which I go into, and once she's cleaned it I realize it's time for breakfast.

"Thanks, Ronda!" I shout over my shoulder with a wave.

"Bye, kid!" She shouts back.

Ah, Ronda. She's a nut, that Ronda.

I walk into the cafeteria and decide to go for something different. How about... Eggs? Sure, I guess... I grab a plate and fill it up with some eggs and get some orange juice before I go back over and sit with my friends. I take the first bite of eggs and carefully place the fork down.

"Didn't like them too well?" Naomi asks delicately, and I nod my head before spitting the half-ate eggs into a napkin, she looks off somewhere in the distance, probably daydreaming or something, I think she's a daydreamer.

"I'm going to, uh, get a muffin..." I mumble before walking back to the food line and grabbing a muffin, then returning back to my seat, "I'm never going to change what food I eat for breakfast again,"

I take a bite into the muffin and moan, "Mm, I'll never choose something else over you, muffie,"

"Did you just-" Zane starts, but I nod my head cutting him off.

"Name a muffin," I look him in the eyes, "Yes, yes I did."

"Alright..." He says skeptically, and I roll my eyes as I take several more bites into it, and before long it's gone.

"Awww!" I yell out, "It's gone! Where'd it go!?"

"Um..." I now realize that I interrupted Reagan in the middle of her sentence, but we have bigger matters to discuss.

"Did you take it?" I ask her, making my eyes go into little slits.

"No you idiot," she starts, "You ate it!"

"Well, that was harsh," I mumble to myself and she continues to ramble on about something the leaders were talking about.

"I think we should head towards the training center guys," Alex says, and I know notice that he's always the one to remind us, huh, that's weird.

"Okay," I drag out, not really wanting to go, but today is the last day and the rankings will be released tonight, I heard Raelynn say something about that, I think.

"You're very... Hyper today, why?" Naomi asks me as we're walking towards the training room and I shrug my shoulders.

"I honestly don't even know, maybe it's that coffee I had on the way back from the infirmary they gave me..." I mumble the last part and she sighs shaking her head slightly.

"What time did you drink that coffee?"

"Um..." I try to think before laughing slightly, "I don't know,"

Then something seems to click in her eyes as she busts out laughing and I look at her strangely before laughing as well, what are we laughing for?

"You- you-" She continues to laugh.