Chapter Seven: Family

Here's a nice long chapter to compensate for last chapter!

...

Taehyung wakes hours later to a flight attendant nudging his shoulder and a soft breeze tickling his hair. He opens his eyes, turning his head to stare up at the woman smiling down at him.

"Sorry to wake you, sir, but we need to prepare for landing. You and your boyfriend need to adjust your seats, please," she says sweetly and Taehyung sleepily nods, his mind still super groggy.

Boyfriend...? He thinks, suddenly realizing he's clinging to Jungkook's arm, using his buff shoulder as a pillow.

"Right! Sorry...I'll wake him..." Taehyung murmurs as he woman wanders off, inwardly cooing at the cute couple. Taehyung looks over to Jungkook who happily sleeps with his one arm in Tae's embrace—hand resting on his thigh—and the other resting on Taehyung's calves that somehow made their way to Jungkook's lap. Taehyung is beyond embarrassed, instantly dropping his legs to try to hide his cuddling ways.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung murmurs, gently patting his side, trying not to admire the chiseled muscles he can feel beneath his shirt. A soft pink blush taints his cheek, and he nudges him again. This time on the shoulder. It's safer, "Jungkook..." slowly Jungkook opens his eyes, smiling at Taehyung as he stretches, the black fabric sliding up his abs and exposing the muscular flesh above his jeans. Taehyung tries not to notice it, focusing instead on Jungkook's bright sweet smile.

"Hey, Tae...you sleep okay?" Jungkook asks, the blushing teacher nodding softly.

"Did you?" Taehyung hesitantly questions, adjusting his chair so that it isn't reclining anymore.

"Yep, I did," Jungkook says, fixing his chair and running a hand through his mussed hair, "I must say, you are very warm," he adds, watching with adoration when Taehyung blushes brightly.

"I'm so sorry—"

"Don't be," Jungkook quietly interjects, "You have no idea how adorable you are, and I'm happy I make you comfortable enough to want to sleep on me," Taehyung looks down at his lap, fiddling with his sweater sleeve as he fights his fluttering heart.

"My...my ex used to say I was too clingy...I guess I just assumed you would feel the same way..." Taehyung mumbles, and Jungkook definitely wants to kick the guy's ass. He never should torment or degrade someone like he has done to Taehyung. Jungkook takes Taehyung's chin lightly in his hand, lifting it so their eyes can finally meet.

"I am not him. So please stop doubting yourself. And me," he says, his breath fanning gently over Taehyung's skin, the touch of it sending his heart racing.

"O...okay..."

"Excuse me—oh! Sorry to interrupt! Go ahead and keep kissing!" the same flighty flight attendant says as she quickly scurries up the aisle. Taehyung turns crimson red, burying his head in his hands as he crumples in his chair.

"You going to be okay, Tae?" Jungkook quietly asks, his deep voice circling around his flustered mind. Taehyung just nods, jumping when Jungkook's warm hand grips his knee, squeezing it encouragingly, "It's fine. I know you're shy, and I don't mind if it takes you a bit to warm up to me," Jungkook adds, a sympathetic smile on his lips comforting the frazzled teacher. Taehyung knows he's going to have to get close to Jungkook to pull off their act. What he hasn't expected was how quickly he's warmed up to the boy. He's afraid that by the week's end, Jungkook may lay claim to his heart.

...

After the usual landing, baggage claim, and car rental, the two finally leave the airport, a comforting silence surrounding them even though Taehyung is inwardly freaking the fuck out. He drives through the city cautiously, his memories surrounding university days and his childhood.