Fourteen

Noel

"I think you should at least talk to him. Give my boy a chance" boomer told me as I spoke to him on the phone.

Since all of the guys kept blowing up my shit all fucking day and everybody was starting to leave, I just decided to see what at least one of them wanted. I chose to hear boomer out because he seems to be the most level headed one out of all of kentrell's friends so I believe he would get his point across without being childish

"So you basically want me to be forgiving and easy on him?"

"Hell no" he chuckled "I understand why you mad but shit- it's obvious this nigga care bout yo ass cause to be honest, if you was any other female he would've been dropped you and found another one. That's why I just say at least hear him out"

I tapped my chin and sighed deeply before leaning up off of one of the cars parked in my grandmas yard "I'll think about it. But until then, let me get back to enjoying my thanksgiving"

"Well whatever you do, don't post it on snap nomo. Matter of fact before you post something think what would Kentrell do if he saw it"

I burst into laughter and boomer started chuckling

"I'm serious Noel. This nigga already planning on beating yo' ass from the first night you landed out there"

"He ain touchin' me" I mumbled before looking at the time on my watch "he ain't my nigga. But anyways, I really gotta go"

"Ight. Just remember what I said sis, what would Kentrell do if he sees it on snap"

I playfully rolled my eyes and shook my head "Whatever boomer. Bye"

I hung up the phone and sighed. I wasn't in a rush or anything; as I stated before I just hate being on the phone.

"Noel, you okay?" I could hear my mom say which made me look towards the house. She made her way down the steps and over to me

"Oh yeah, I was just on the phone real quick"

"On the phone.... must be with Kentrell cause that's the only time you'll talk on the phone"

i just shook my head "I was talking to my friend Oya" I lied. I didn't tell my momma about what happened between kentrell and I. All she knows is that we just got into an argument and that's it

"The African girl? Oh. How's she doing?"

"She's living her best life out there right now" I told her with a laugh

"I see both of y'all are. Especially you ma'am" she pointed at me and started laughing "I saw you and trey outside earlier before he left. I hope you do remember about this lil boyfriend of yours back in Louisiana right?"

"Let's not bring Kentrell up this week. We're not in a good place right now and I don't wanna ruin my break thinking about him. Besides, I'm not thinking about trey like that. We can only be friends now"

"Did you tell him that though?"

I thought about it and scratched my head "he should know that ma"

"Noel, this is a boy we're talking about. Girl they only wanna know what benefits them, that's it"

"Well I'll just have to let him know"

"Please do. Cause he obviously still want you"

"I mean, can you blame him" I boasted, flipping my hair and she shook her head

"You most definitely are my child. Now let me go back in this house. I had to leave out for a minute cause your sister in there being loud for no damn reaso-"