home • lucas

B-rabbit28

It was quiet. It was peaceful. It was cold outside. It was warm inside. Being in his embrace, and being with him was the best thing you could ever ask for.

"Gah! It's so cold!"

"You want some hot cocoa?"

"Yes, please..."

It was always on those cold days, when the temperature would drop and everyone shivers under their bundles. It was always those times when you would get in bed with him, and you would give each other warmth. He would spoon you, you'd cuddle, then you'd sleep until nighttime came around.

The way he'd kiss you was full of his utmost affection for you. He would leave a memorable taste in your mouth. And when he'd pull away, he'll look at you with those beautiful eyes of his. He would brush your hair out of your face and proceed to wrap his arms around your smaller frame. You felt the safest when you were in his arms.

"Y/n, give me back my sweater."

"How about no?"

"Y/n, please...I feel cold."

"Then just hug me already. Besides, I like you better when you're naked."

You loved stealing his clothes. They were always bigger when you put them on. You enjoyed taking in his scent. Sometimes, you'd trace your slim fingers over his detailed torso. His abs were one of the things you absolutely loved about him. Sighing, you would rest your head on his chest. There, you would hear his lovely heartbeat. His breathing, rising, falling, a movement you were used to. He would go ahead and pull you closer to him, making sure to give you love and warmth.

"Your friend Yuugo called today, right?"

"...Did you hear it then?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Not everything goes right in your relationship. Sometimes, the two of you would get into a fight. You'd forgive each other in the end, of course, and you'd go back to kissing and loving each other. But there was the one time, you absolutely did not forgive him. Even though it wasn't his entire fault. The burden fell on your shoulders as well. And you cried every single night because of that.

"You better come back, okay?"

"Don't worry, Y/n. I'll be back before you know it. I love you."

"I love you too."

That day...you remember it like it was only yesterday. But it was a few painful years ago. Standing at the porch, you had a talk with him before he went to leave. His military buddies were just waiting in the jeep, you saw Yuugo there as well. You were acquainted even before.

"When you come back, you're gonna be a father."

"What? Y/n, you're pregnant?"

"Did you not hear what I just said?"

"Y/n, that's great news!"

Even though you fought the previous night. You two were acting normal when you bid him goodbye. You were both laughing, a light-hearted and pure moment yet to lead to a terrible aftermath. Neither one of you knew what was going to happen. And you rolled your eyes at his silliness, internally and desperately hoping that he would come back home.

"Bye, Y/n."

"Bye, Lucas. Please come back home."

"I will."

Today, you stood at his grave. Bitter tears pierced your eyes and shot down your cheeks. You clutched your fist, trying not to break down in front of your son.

"Mama? You never told me what was papa like..."

Wiping the stray tears from your eyes, you went and crouched to face the four-year-old.
With a lump in your throat, you mustered up to say...

"Your father is a good man. He is a gift. He gave me love, which I shall now give to you. I'm going to raise you with love and care, Lucas."

the end.