Chapter 32: Safekeeping the scale

Although the pool was built inside and was fairly close to where the other cubs were, most cubs could not swim. Even those who could would seldom take the initiative to play in the pool.

After all, these cubs were basically made out of fluff and once the fluff came in contact with water it would get wet and heavy.

When they later climbed out, they had to expend much effort to shake off the water the best they could and then wait for their fur to slowly dry.

Well, in reality, when Xie Tao saw a wet cub crawl out of the pool he would of course not leave the cub to dry by itself; he would grab a large towel and wrap it around the cub, he would then lift the cub up and hold them in his arms as he gently wiped their fur.

After the cub's body was relatively dry, he would then use something similar to a hairdryer to blow the cub's fur and dry it further.

The whole process didn't take much time.

The reason that he had to dry them by hand was that their club had still not built a small drying room next to the pool. But Xie Tao did not mind it; drying them was not a lot of work and he did not need to do it often, only once or twice a week.

But, because of this situation, Xie Tao had been worried about the mermaid cub. Even though some cubs occasionally came to play with him, most of the time he was still alone, isolated in the pool. This was obviously harmful to the cub's mental health.

When he was picked up by the youth and his four feet left the ground, the Moye cub, who resembled a small turtle with a heavy shell on his back, waved his four legs in the air in confusion.

It was first when he was firmly held in the arms of the youth, and there was something under his feet, that the Moye cub quieted down again.

Amused by the cub's kicking, Xie Tao could not resist a low laugh.

Hearing his laugh, the small turtle-like Moye cub turned his eyes to him and hummed a few times. Seeing this, Xie Tao raised his hand to touch the cub's shell and explained with a smile, "I did not mean to laugh at you."

The Moye cub raised his head and shook the small little tail behind him, humming obediently.

He seems to be a good kid too.

Xie Tao lifted a finger and lightly poked at the cub's dark hard shell, his mood instantly becoming even brighter.

The two cubs were both good kids, they should be able to get along well without any incidents.

As Xie Tao carried the Moye cub to the edge of the indoor pool, several adults in the room threw some curiously glances at the cub.

They had not raised a Moye cub before, but the cub looked very obedient and should be relatively easy to take care of.

As soon as he neared the pool and was only two or three meters away, Xie Tao saw the Mermaid cub emerge from under the water. The beautiful azure eyes looked at him and the cub then swam to the edge of the pool.

"Ah~"

The mermaid cub put his hands on the edge and lifted himself up a bit, he then called out with slightly indistinctive monotone sounds to the approaching human youth. His little tail covered with ice blue scales was swaying gently under the surface.

Alien races generally had better sensory capabilities than humans in all aspects. The Mermaid cub had therefore been able to remember the sound of the youth's footsteps and as soon as he heard the sound getting closer, he knew that the youth was coming to see him.

Xie Tao vaguely heard the Mermaid cub's voice and although the syllables that the cub made was very monotonous, by listening carefully one could still hear the cub's mood from the subtle change of tone.