Chapter 21: Isabella's P.O.V

"Bella?"

I looked up, pulling myself out of my thoughts. It was Dad.

He walked into the room and sat down. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them. I looked out of the window, trying to ignore him.

"Are you okay?" Dad put a hand on my knee. I flinched.

"Don't touch me! Please..." I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Bella. I'm not going to hurt you. Talk to me." He spoke softly.

"It's all your fault!" I screamed at him. "It's all your fault! Daniel used me to back at you! He tried to rape me!"

I pushed him away from me and jumped off the window sill. I was breathing fast, hyperventilating. I backed up against the wall and leant against it. I put my head down and tried to focus on calming down.

Dad came towards me slowly. "Bella..."

"Please, Dad, just go." I begged, my voice quiet.

"I'm not going to leave you."

"JUST GO!" I looked up and yelled at him.

His eyes were full of worry and he looked hurt. I thought he wouldn't go. I didn't want him to go, really. I wanted someone to cry to. I wanted my Dad to hold me, like he used to do when I small.

But he just turned and left, gently shutting the door behind him. I let out a scream. I dropped to the floor, choking on my tears. I repeatedly banged my head against the wall and I punched the wall, trying to let my frustrations out.

My body fell limp and weak. I slumped lower on the floor and slowly shut my eyes.

———
"She's right."

"She's not Dad, don't blame yourself, she was upset."

"And now look at her, this was my fault."

"She's just sleeping."

"She has a bruise on head and her hands are bleeding."

I could hear voices around me. I blinked a few times to get my eyes in focus. I saw Joseph sitting on my bed holding my hand, not listening to the others. Leo, Mason, Felix and Dad were on the other side, arguing.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Joseph asked.

I simply nodded and pointed to my throat.

"Leo, get Izzy a drink!" Jospeh yelled, pulling the boys out of their argument.

"Bella!" Dad exclaimed and ran over to me. He hugged me tightly. I tensed in his arms for a moment and he let go. "I'm sorry."

I smiled weakly at him. I mouthed, 'It's okay' when Leo came running back with drink. He tripped and spilt it all on the floor. I couldn't help but smile.

"Um sorry. I- I'll get another one! Be right back!" He out the room again.

"Bella, I understand if you blame me. You are right. It is my fault. And I am so so sorry." Dad sat down and his hand on my leg. Once again, I tensed, and then I relaxed.

"I wasn't right. It- it isn't your fault. It's Daniel's. And the mafia." I told him. I couldn't tell him that deep down, I kinda did blame him. I know it's not right to out the blame on people, but when you're put in a situation where everything is wrong, it can help.

"The mafia that I am the leader of." Dad sighed.

"There's nothing you can do about that. It's just the way it is." I reassured him.

"Izzy, what did you mean when you said he tried to-" Felix began.

"I'm back!" Leo announced as he ran back in to my bedroom.

"Leo! Shut it!" Mason rolled his eyes. Leo mimed zipping his mouth shut and handed me my drink.

"I'll start again." Felix said, glaring at Leo. "What did you mean when you said Daniel tried to rape you?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I said quickly.

Felix sighed. He looked like he was about to ask me something else, but the door bell rang. A life saver.
"I'll get it." Mason said and left, with Felix at his heels.

They came back a minute later with Callum, Alexis and Jason. My face lit up at the sight of them.
"Iz!" Jason ran over to me and climbed onto the bed. He put his arms around me and I tensed again. I couldn't help it. Jason was about to let go when I pulled him closer. I needed to get this under control, I was hurting people.

"I was so worried. I'm so sorry." He whispered to me.

"I'm sorry too."

"Sorry to break up this moment, but can I get through? Best friend duties." Lexi interrupted. I giggled and Jason let go of me.

I saw my family and Callum slip out of the room quietly, leaving my with my best friend and Jason.
"I am so going to kill you one day." Lexi threatened.

"Um... thanks?" I laughed nervously.

"You had me so worried! I'm going to kill you!" She threw a pillow at my head. I raised my eyebrows at this crazy human

"You are still heartless bitch." I told her.

"I know." She put her hand on her heart proudly. Me and Jason exclaimed glances and then burst out laughing.

"Anyway, how are you? How's your wound?" Jason asked once we'd calmed down.

"Um..." I lifted up my shirt and looked down at my wound. "It's good." I looked back up at them and smiled.

"That's good."

"It is."

"This is awkward again."

"Yeah."

"OMG, will you hurry up and ask her out!" Lexi screamed, using her hands for emphasis.

I started laughing and Jason smiled. "We're taking it slow." He answered. I was a little bit disappointed at his answer, not gonna lie. But maybe it was a good idea to take things slow.

"Guys, guess what?" I said out of the blue.

"What?" They both said in unison.

"I'm pregnant." I said.

"What?!" They both shouted.

"I'm joking. You know when you get this random feeling to say something random? Yeah, I had that feeling." I saw their faces relax and then look at me weirdly.

Lexi sighed.
"Only you, Isabella, only you."

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K