3

3

"I really want to get started on my part of the project because it might take a while, so if you feel like joining, meet me here." I slipped him a piece of paper with the location I wanted to shoot at.

His eyes glanced down at the paper, but he didn't pick it up. I decided to leave class to get some fresh air. Being in an environment like that can take a toll.

I decided to rome the halls for a bit before heading outside. It was a little chilly out, but I didn't mind it that much. In a way, it was rather comforting to have the cold breeze blow against my skin. I sat on one of the benches, the cold metal refreshing me.

I was stressing out. I have a lot of ideas for my side of the project, but it's so hard to creative when there is no give on the other side. Hopefully this month will go by fast so I can switch partners. Ms. Fieldman said that our partners would end up being our muse, but I just couldn't see how.

After a couple of minutes of sitting on the bench, I noticed someone walking toward me.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Kennedy asked me.

"Yeah, just needed some air." I lightly smiled.

"Okay. Ms. Fieldman wanted me to come check on you," he sat next to me on the bench. "She says that she wants to talk to you when you are ready to come back to class."

"I'm already dreading the conversation." We sat next to each other quietly for a couple of minutes before I decided to head back to class.

"Hey, thanks for checking on me. " I smiled at Kennedy who smiled back at me.

I took my time walking back to class. I wasn't really in a rush, and like I said before, I was dreading the conversation I was about to have. Sooner or later, I ended up at her desk.

"Um, Kennedy said that you wanted to speak with me."

"Yes. I understand that working with Mr. Styles was difficult the first time you tried to talk to him, but that's why I paired you guys together,"

What?

"Art is not an easy thing. It takes a lot of time and effort, it's going to take a lot of time and effort to work with Harry. You two are the best in the class, from what Mrs. Colfax has told me, Harry has an eye for art. As do you. I'm not going to tell you working with him is going to be easy, but I can promise you it is going to be worth it." She smiled at me.

This conversation really didn't make me feel any better. I turned to go sit at my desk, when I noticed that Harry was gone too. There wasn't much for me to so I just spent the rest of class doing homework for my other classes.

-

"Hey Rain." I smiled at her, sitting down at the lunch table.

"Hey Jade, I heard that you were partnered up with Harry. How the hell did that happen?!" Rain asked, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"My teacher wanted to push me, but in reality I want to push Harry out the window."

"Good luck with him, seriously, you don't deserve to get a bad grade because she doesn't want to work with you."

"Thanks, I appreciate it," I said genuinely.

It was times like these were I really valued our friendship. We would go in waves. Sometimes I felt so lucky to be friends with her, glad to have her in my life, but then there were times where she made me feel alone.

We continued talking for a while, making jokes. As I said, it was nice to have her back.

"Do you think he is going to show up?" She asked, referring to Harry meeting with her after school.

"Probably not, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, and show up just in case." I shrugged.

When lunch ended we parted ways, it was only a matter of time before the school day would end.

-

I sat down on the cool rocks, the cold making me feel pretty good. it was only 3:30, I would give him until 4, and if he didn't show, then he didn't show.

While I waited, I took out a piece of paper and started to sketch the image I wanted to capture. I wasn't an amazing artist, but I could draw fairly well. The wind started to grow a little stronger, and before I knew it, my paper left my lap.

I turned my head to see the direction in which it blew when I saw Harry bend down it pick it up. I was more than shocked to see him here it was only 3:40. I also wondered how long has he been standing there.

"Thanks," I said grabbing my sketch from his hand.

He nodded his head in response.

"Okay, I wanted to take a couple of photos in that cave over there. It's not as scary as it looks." I chucked to myself.

He followed me into the well-lit cave and put his stuff down.

"I think this will be a pretty cool place to take photos," I said looking around. "Do you happen to own an army green shirt or jacket or honestly anything in that color?"

He nodded his head.

"Okay cool. I think it will tie in with my vision," I smiled looking around. "I'll take the photos tomorrow if that fine with you. Is there anything that you want to do for your project that we can work on now?"

Even though he was kind of rude earlier today, I was going to try my best to talk to him and be nice. Sometimes people just don't like to talk, and that's fine. I just wish he would talk to me.

"So if we aren't going to do anything, why did you make me come out here?" there was an edge to his voice.

Oh.

"Well I needed you here to make sure the location and my vision was fine." I looked down at my feet.

"So basically you wasted my time."

"What? I-"

"I'm out of here." he huffed, walking out of the small cave.