31

"Kaldur'ahm!"

"Kaldur?"

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, staring up at a familiar face.

"Kaldur, are you all right?!"

"Prince Orm?"

Then I shot up. "The queen?! Percy?!"

"I'm fine Kaldur. Now come on, we need to figure out where Queen Mera is..." Percy helped me up, before grabbing onto my shoulder to stay steady.

"Are you sure? If you are not, you should not think about going." I looked at her.

"Just a bit dizzy. That trident...it has some of my dad's power." She mumbled, barely loud enough for me to hear. "I don't know how much, but it's enough to hurt me."

I simply nodded and continued after the prince.

We reached a small mission room, where a topographical map was on the table.

"I have sent word to King Orin but 'Aquaman' is on a mission with the Justice League and cannot be reached. So it is up to us to save our queen." Prince Orm explained.

"And the heir she carries." I added grimly.

Percy stared at the map that was magically etched onto the glass table, but she didn't say anything.

I frowned, she has been unusually quiet this trip.

"Of course. Now my sources inform me of two possible Purist strongholds. But as members of the royal guard may have been complicit in the abduction I will investigate one location within three's few guards I trust implicitly..." He pointed to one of the locations marked by a glowing dot.

He turned to look at me. "While you two and and your surface dwelling friends investigate the other."

I nodded. "Agreed. But swim carefully,  Prince Orm. Ocean Master is formidable and dangerous!"

With that I swam away, staying close to Percy.

"This is when I'm glad you can't betray me." She sighed. "If anything happens to Mera..."

"We will make sure she and the heir are safe. But something about this is not right. The Purists would consider her pure along with her child...why assist Ocean Master in kidnapping her?"

"No idea. But I'm going to speed us up a bit."

I could feel the current behind us grow stronger pushing us closer to our destination.

According to Orm, one of the Purist strongholds is deep within this trench. So stay alert."

As we swam, Percy kept glancing around obviously on edge. Although, I am not much better.

"Look out!" She yelled all of a sudden, We stopped just as a large boulder crashed in front of us.

Ambush!

The lip of the trench was lined with Purists.

I was afraid of this. I don't doubt the prince's intelligence but the loyalty of his inner circle is another matter.

I pushed myself infront of Percy, shielding her from the attack.

Unfortunately, my doing that pinned to both of us to the cold rock wall.

But...

Fortunately, I have my own inner circle.

Garth, La'gaan, Blubber, Lori, Sha'ark, and of course Tula.