21. Dance for You

Cohen

Tonight's the big night. My little brother is having his last night out as a single man.

We decided to head to Gabriel's Cavern Bar and pregame while the girls get ready. We'll meet up later but right now it's guy time.

We sit down at the bar to start out our night. Liam orders a beer as Nathan, Bret and I do the same. Thank god Liam didn't invite too many of us , I'm not trying to babysit a bunch of twenty something year olds all damn night.

I'll be drinking tonight but not too much tonight since I have to watch what I intake to be in the best shape for the season and other reasons.

" Cheers to our bro Liam for growing a pair and getting married!" Bret yells over the crowd. We all clink our bottles in congratulations before taking a drink.

"How's it feel knowing this is your last night as a single man?" Nate chimes in.

"I'm ready to party tonight but definitely ready to start the rest of my life with Ave." Liam says setting his beer down on the counter.

"Alright enough of this sappy shit! You need to get drunk tonight!" Bret yells over them, making me laugh into my beer bottle. I love my brother but I'm on the same page as Bret no need for sappy shit we already know how much he loves her.

A shot of tequila gets passed down to me from Nate. We cheers one more time before shooting the burning liquid down our throats.

I've definitely missed drinking but I can't put myself back to the way I was before I left LA.

I was drowning my guilt and sorrow in a bottle of liquor every night. Blacking out was my way of putting myself to sleep without the nightmares. I became someone I didn't recognize. My own family didn't know want anything to do with me. I lost my close friends because of it. I don't blame them. Getting drunk off my ass to the point I was ready to throw my fist through anything or anyone would get tiring quickly. I almost lost my career and almost every person I loved because of it. I can't pin point when realization hit me but it hit me like a bitch. I haven't had a drink until the night of the engagement party but I couldn't even finish it because of my girl.

My girl? Is she mine? I want to be hers but will she have me?

The bar is starting to get packed. The guys take a few more shots without me and we head outside to get our Uber.

About thirty minutes later we are dropped off outside the club. It's definitely a high end club. Nothing I'm not used to though. I was always in one back in LA every weekend. Easy to get my mind off of fucked up life for a few hours.

The four of us head to the entrance to wait for the girls. I can't wait to see Ev. Our week has been hectic. If I'm not at practice then she's either with Ave planning the last minute details of the wedding or helping another bride. I hate leaving her in the morning. If I have enough time to spare before I leave I watch her sleep. I love the way she curls her body up with the blanket and her long brown hair looks like a waterfall over the pillows and the the way she lightly snores even if she denies it.

"Finally you guys made it! I thought you guys got lost or too drunk!"Avery rushes over to us.

She gives us each a hug thanking us for coming and going over what's expected for tonight for but I'm not exactly sure what she's saying because the beautiful woman that's standing behind her. Her eyes are glued to her fidgeting fingers giving me the chance to take her all in. Every time I see her she gets more beautiful if that's even possible but tonight she looks God Damn gorgeous. Her long dark brown hair is softly curled around her face, one side is tucked behind her ear showing a little bit of her natural make up face. My eyes trail down her body. She's wearing a tight black dress, showing every delicious curves. It has a cut out in the middle showing off her tanned toned stomach. I can't help myself, I wrap my arms around her waist pulling her close to me.