𝓣𝔀𝓸

"Jungkook, calm down." Emily attempted to counsel as the boy continued to scurry like a rodent amongst the shreds of his clothes.

He sharply casted a glare at the girl, pulling the nearest material to conceal his exposed state. "C-calm down?!" He retorted.

"You-you saw what just happened to me and you think calming down is going to help me?!" He vented, teeth gritted together, threatening to crack under the pressure.

She scoffed. "If you keep acting like this you're just going to turn again and we don't want that, do we?"

"And why the hell should I listen to you?" The boy barked back, recoiling closer to the girl, only seeming to emphasise the towering shadow his figure laid on her.

"Because you're not the first person I know who's like this!" She finally snapped, breaking the two to fall into lull.

Her eyelids descended, taking a breath in before her eyes saturated with his image. The shrilling bell ringing in her ears.

"Meet me after school and I'll explain everything." She sighed, her vexed expression lost to a memory. ""For now just—avoid people who you know are going to make you angry." She left without saying another word.

Leaving Jungkook lost in his own chaos.

━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━

Students flooded the gates of the school, inevitably overflowing and spreading out across the small town as Emily took her place by the main entrance, waiting for the boy to show up.

As she swore to herself that she saw the sunset's palette spill into the canvas of the sky, she found herself flinching at the foreign touch quickly pecking her shoulder.

"Are you going to tell me about this whole thing then?" Jungkook questioned alarmingly close to her ear, Emily twisting herself to face him.

She presented a hesitant nod before slowly strolling out of the school, Jungkook trailing after her.

"Well... you're cursed—." She began.

"Well no shit Sherlock." He cut in.

"Oh my god. Give me the chance to explain otherwise I won't tell you anything." Emily scolded, earning a blissful silence from the boy, sighing as she tried to reorganise the words on her tongue. "It's a curse-well... I guess more like a disease... where you turn into—t-that... thing."

"I don't really know the origins of it... all I know is that it's... i-it's a nightmare." She suspired, eyes rolling into his portrait, meeting his eyes that were already stitched to her.

He paused in thought for a moment. "How come you know so much about—t-this thing?" He puzzled.

"Because my Dad was cursed too." She answered, clearly detached to the memories that were bound to the words. "But this is about you, not him."

"So... how exactly did you end up like this?" She asked.

Straying his eyes away from her, he drew in a breath.

"It was a few days ago... the same morning Sofia died." He hesitated. "She told me she wanted to meet up before training... so I did. I-I came to the school and waited for her, but before I could... this—thing came out of no where. The next thing I knew... I was covered in my own blood... shredded to pieces." He narrated, Emily seeing his fingers paint over where the claws had torn through his skin.

"Luckily... I was able to get out of there. Barely being able to drag myself back to my house before I passed out. I-I knew something was wrong with me when I woke up, only to find all the cuts and broken bones gone." He eventually concluded, only just letting himself look back at the girl next to him.