⚜Chapter 2⚜

House of the Rising Son

❇❇❇❇

She won't care about who you are because after you've lost her trust, all she'll ever see you as is an enemy.

❇❇❇❇

Angel Realm; 9700 years ago

"This is YOUR doing, father." Isabelle's brother's yell fell into her ears as she sat there numb as outside the castle, half of the realm burned.

"You will not speak to me this way, BOY!" Raziel shouted as he glared at his son who had nothing but anger in his eyes.

Raziel's indiscretions had driven Lilith to wage a war against the whole realm and now because of that, the Lightwood siblings had lost both their parents.

Magnus stood there silently as he observed Isabelle's numb figure. He walked over to her and sat beside her. He placed a hand on her shoulder but she still didn't show any reaction. Alec and Raziel's banter went on as Magnus tried his hardest to control his anger and not snap.

"She's going away, isn't she?" Isabelle whispered in a broken tone as Magnus feared to look into her eyes for what he might find in there.

Isabelle stood up from her seat in the courtroom as her lavender gown flowed behind her when she walked towards her father.

"Enough." She stated as the Lightwood men stopped arguing to look at their princess who stared at them with lifeless eyes. Alec felt his heartbreak when he saw the expression on his baby sister's face.

"Mother is gone and I don't know how many more Angels are gonna suffer her wrath today. So I request you two," she looked at her brother and father with pleading eyes, "do not fight. Not today. Our family stays divided but I cannot stand this." She said meekly making the men realize what pain their actions had caused her.

With a defeated sigh, Alec gave one last glance to Raziel before he walked to his sister and wrapped her in his arms.

"Everything will be alright. I promise you, Rori." He whispered glumly as his hand caressed her hair. She breathed in his scent, which always engulfed her in a sense of safety and she knew that her brother always kept his promises. She nodded slowly as she tightened her arms around him.

Magnus and Raziel looked at the siblings somberly. This was a very difficult time for them. Magnus had lost both his parents, many years ago, he knew how devastatingly painful moment it was for them. Especially considering how close Isabelle was to Lilith.

Suddenly, the doors to the room burst open as Angel Cato, the most trusted angel from the Realm came walking in with a grim expression.

Isabelle and Alec broke their hug to look at him, waiting for the inevitable sad news that was to come.

"What is it?" Raziel asked, dreading the answer.

"It's General Caige," Cato informed with huge difficulty as he dreaded looking into the princess' eyes. How could he tell her that the man she loved had died trying to stop her mother from leaving the Angel Realm forever?