Tranquil

Tranquil; free of disturbance; calm.

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E

"Hey, Syd, look at this! I bet I can get this chip in my mouth all the way from my forehead," I picked my head up and shifted my sight from the Econ report to Matt who was desperately trying to out a chip from a long Pringles BBQ box which was half empty.

"Seriously, Matt?" It was six in the evening, and I had so much work I couldn't afford to lose even a minute, and I had already spent two hours on Instagram looking at memes and saying, 'Omg, that's so true!' or 'Yup, that's definitely me.' So, I was trying to peacefully work on my reports and projects until Matt showed up.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Yes, seriously. Okay, just look at me!"

He finally took out a chip and kept it on his forehead. The height of both, the snack and his forehead was nearly the same. He started to move his head here and there as an attempt to make the chip move. An amused laugh made its way out of my mouth as I saw him do that. Chase walked in about two minutes later.

"Syd, I need your help! It's really--" Chase got cut off my Matt's hand slapping his chest and telling him to shut up.

Chase sighed and waited for Matt to complete his...well, thing. He kept glancing at his watch and Matt back to back. Five minutes were over, and chip had not even come close to reaching his cheek. With every passing second, Chase grew more restless, and finally, he took the chip from Matt's forehead and ate it.

"Chase! What the hell? Why would you do that?!" Matt glowered.

Chase took his time to chew and then replied, "Dude, it was never reaching till your mouth, and it was about to fall. Besides, some of us have work to do."

Matt pouted and started trying the same thing again. Chase shook his head at him restlessly and turned to me. "Syd, I need your help!"

"Yes, tell me, what's up?" I chuckled lightly.

Chase scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "Okay, so, Ally loves to stay in for dates, and I told her we'd have a movie date and she got very excited. But now, I can't figure out which one to watch!"

This was his emergency?

"What's so hard to figure out? Just put on something like 'The Notebook' or 'Sleepless in Seattle,' and you'll be fine," I told him like it was obvious and his raised his brows at me as if saying really? "Oh wait! It's Ally. She doesn't like rom-coms."

"Exactly!" he agreed.

"Oh! Oh! I know her favorite movie!" I jumped up and down in my seat because the name was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't recall it. "The one with Leo in it and....yes, uh, Shutter Island! She loves that movie! Or The Game, both of them are awesome. Go with any one of them, and you'll be all set."

"Thank you, Syd! You're a life savior!" Chase said and hugged me with one arm.

"I did it! HAHA! I did it! I got it in my mouth!" Matt said, making both Chase and I laugh.

Chase left soon after leaving me to attend to the Econ report with Matt crunching on the Pringles non-stop right in my ear. Ugh. He knew how much that annoyed, so it only resulted in him in doing it more. Scar and Jay showed up as their classes got over and as more people came in, the cafe was filled with loud chatter in every corner making it impossible for me to concentrate. I could see an amused expression on Scar's face looking at my irritated one.

I huffed out a breath and slammed my book shut. "Hey Scar, I'm going to the library to complete this report. I can't do it in here," I said, stretching my forehead.