Learning To Love Him 17

*****

*Corey*

"Why are you all staring at me?" I frowned not looking at Trent, Sean and Kaden as I spoke to them. I did not have to look at them to know their eyes were on me because I could feel it, their gazes were practically burning into me.

"We're not..." Kaden mumbled.

"Yes, you are." I sent a quick glare his way.

"Well, it's just that this is... new," Sean said.

"What is new?" I asked a little annoyed but still didn't look up from the TV screen as I played Grant Theft Auto.

"You. Here. At night. Not drunk... It's a little weird." Kaden said. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't drink that much."

"You've become an alcoholic within the past week, Corey," Hayley said as she laid down on the carpet beside me.

"No, I haven't. I was just letting loose... But I'm not going to anymore because I can't take any more hangovers." I shuddered remembering how nauseous I had felt in the past few days. The worst part was not even having the memory of how I became so drunk while suffering through the next day.

"That's it? Or is it because it's making you spend more time with a certain someone?" Izabella winked at me. I gave her a side glance in confusion as everyone chuckled at her words before I smirked.

"Are you marked yet? When am I becoming a Godfather?" I asked, her smile dropped, her cheeks turning crimson along with Sean's as everyone laughed.

"Shut up," she said.

I opened my mouth to respond but stopped when a voice caught my ear. It was Jayden, outside with Finn. I frowned. I didn't like that guy. Human or not.

"It's cool," I heard Jayden's insistent voice.

"Are you sure you're alright? It looks pretty bad, Jay. I really think you should go to hospital –" I got up narrowing my eyes. Was he hurt? What happened?

"Corey –" Izabella followed me to the door before I swung it open.

"Hello." I greeted not smiling at Finn, Jayden's back was facing me, Finn's front with an old white Toyota behind him.

"Hey..." Finn smiled, I wanted to punch him just for that and I didn't understand why. He was being friendly, he had not done anything to provoke me. Except that. His hand was on Jayden's arm. For some reason that angered me. "Uhm... I'll see you, Jay. Seriously, get that checked out." Finn smiled at Jayden who nodded before Finn got into the car and drove off.

"'You should go to hospital'. Why?" I asked quoting Finn from earlier.

"No reason, he's just over-reacting." Jayden shrugged before he tried to get into the house by speed-running by me. I caught him easily though, my hand grabbing his shoulder as the other grabbed his jaw and turned his face to mine.

I heard Izabella gasp from beside me once we saw the damage, I didn't even react. I just stared at his swollen, purplish eye before my eyes fell to the cut on his lip.

"Guys? Everything alright or did you all get killed?!" Trent joked as he walked in but he stopped when his eyes fell on Jayden. "What the hell happened to your face?" He whispered.

"Nothing," Jayden tried to push my hand away from his face but I grabbed his wrist.

"Who?" I asked. I didn't know why, but I wanted to hurt whoever did this. He didn't heal fast! Why would anyone hurt him anyway? Wasn't he nice to everyone? He was, it didn't make any sense to me that anyone would want to hurt him.