Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Natalie's POV
A Few Days Later~

Sighing quietly to myself, I gently pressed my hand against my stomach. I was actually carrying another child two years after my first. Nothing was like the first time I found out. Back than, I feared for my life and forgot who I actually was, but now, I was becoming a stronger woman with such a great support group that I felt like I was dreaming. I had to be dreaming. I thought while pinching myself as the office remained the same.

This is actually real. I am finally free. I am finally happy!

Quietly laughing, I couldn't help but get choked up as the tears started pouring from my eyes as I didn't even bother to wipe them away. For the first time in years, I finally realized that I was actually free again. And it felt good.

"Excuse me, Miss. Is everything okay?" My personal assistant buzzed from my phone as I quietly picked up the phone before wiping away my tears.

"I'm okay, Daniel. I'm just really happy, that's all." I sniffled while glancing around my office. Stella wasn't occupying the sitting area as she was still in the hospital and Raigh-lee was still with my mom so everything was quiet. It felt weird to be in a quiet office without sweet baby baffles or soft conversations. "Has anybody called or left any messages for me?" I questioned as I could hear him shuffling through what I assumed was papers.

"Yes ma'am. Aiden Sampson said that he'd be here in a few minutes, Stella called and told me to keep an eye on you, Valentina and Lucy said that they'd stop by during lunch, and your mother said that she found your cellphone. That's all the messages I have, so if you need me, please call me. I'm here for you, Miss." Daniel stated as I smiled into the phone.

"Thank you, Daniel." I replied while hanging up before leaning back in my chair. I still couldn't get over the fact that I was pregnant and I wasn't fearing for the safety of me and my unborn child. It still shocked me to the core. It wasn't long before somebody began knocking on my door. "Come in!" I called out while watching the door as Aiden walked in with a bag in one hand and two bottled drinks in the other.

"Ready for lunch, my love?" He inquired as I nodded before he closed the door and made his way over to the seating area as I followed close behind. "I'm still reading the pregnancy books that we bought a few days ago. It says that when you're pregnant, you have to watch what you eat or you might get sick so I cooked us a light meal." He stated while setting up the food as I took a seat next to him. "Okay, here you go. What's wrong?" He asked while handing me some food as he noticed my face.

"I finally realized how free I am." I quietly stated while eating some of my food as he gently rubbed circles on my back. "And I'm happy. I can finally move forward." I added while looking up at Aiden as he gently kissed my forehead. "I love you so much." I sighed as the office door opened up.

"Sorry, we didn't mean to interrupt. Just wanted to come and have lunch with you and keep you company." Valentina stated as her and Lucy stopped at the door.

"Come in. We have plenty of room." I stated as Lucy quickly walked in and sat down on the couch across from us while watching me quietly. "What?" I asked as Valentina joined her before pulling out her lunch.

"You've been crying, haven't you?" She asked as I nodded before she rummaged through her purse before handing me a baby wipe. "Are you okay?" She inquired with worry covering her face as I thanked her for the baby wipe and wiped my face.

"I'm better now." I smiled while looking up at Aiden as he smiled back at me. "I want to tell you two something, but please let it stay in this room." I stated as they both nodded. "I'm pregnant." I informed them as Valentina smiled at me while Lucy quietly cheered to herself.

"I knew something was wrong, I just never knew exactly what it was. But, this is great! Are you going to tell mamma and papà?" Valentina asked while eating her lunch as I gently shook my head. "Going to wait until the safe period?" She added as I nodded. "That's pretty fair. I'm a hundred percent sure that they'd be excited for the new arrival and I'm positive that you'll be okay. You're in great hands." She smiled as I nodded again.

"I'm going to be an aunt! Finally!" Lucy exclaimed while clapping her hands quietly as I laughed at her.

"Wait, but didn't you consider Raigh-lee as your niece even before we were even together?" Aiden asked as his twin looked at him. "Since you two are best friends and all." He added as Lucy quietly laughed.

"I do, but since we weren't technically related I couldn't always tell people that I was her aunt as some thought it was weird so Natalie made me Raigh-lee's godmother." She explained as her twin just nodded and took that answer. We spent most of lunch just chatting and eating while Lucy was guessing what gender the baby might be. After work, Aiden and I went home and had a good evening with him explaining that the house was coming out pretty good and that we should be able to move into it in the next few days to a week.

[~~~]

Hello all!

I'm finally updating after what seemed like a while and I apologize for that. My original plan was to update this and finish it during my spring break which was last week but I had two family members in the hospital back to back and I was just swarmed. I didn't feel like updating as there was a lot of emotional baggage and a little bit of sleep. Thank goodness that it wasn't too bad, but it was a lot.

Hopefully, I can get this book finished up this week as I probably won't have a lot of time this week since I have clinicals.

I hope you all have a great day!

Andrea