Chapter 22

To upload or not to upload—that seemed to be the latest question.

       "To be honest, Jay never did give me a good reason about why he uploaded all those videos online," Tim commented as we sat at our laptops watching more footage. "I mean, I can kind of get why he did it at first, but as it went on, well... It kinda seems like the only point was to keep the 'fans' updated on everything that was going on."

       "Well, it was a good way to keep tabs on everyone," I remarked, pausing the video I was watching. "Easy way to archive everything and make sure you don't lose track of any important videos, and also a good way to keep an eye on the ToTheArk. Plus, the fan speculation can be pretty helpful," I added as an afterthought. "They worked out an entire chronological timeline from all the entries, pretty useful for sorting out what happened during that blank space in everyone's memories in season two."

       "True, but they also start rumors about people being in love with cheesecake," Tim muttered under his breath, and I couldn't help but smirk at his remark. At least he was out of that weird funk from yesterday.

       Barely twenty-four hours had passed since my impromptu meeting with Hoody, and Tim and I were back to looking at the SD cards in my room. Continuing our search for useful information, we decided to stop prioritizing the continuation of the park video and look at everything else, too. If we found the video, then sweet, but if not, we'd watch the other videos anyway. Of course, it was still pretty boring, but at least it took my mind off the glove box.

       Despite having a chance to check the glove box after returning to the hotel the previous day, I ultimately just went to my room. The nature of our conversation left a bad taste in my mouth just thinking about what could be inside. Neither of Hoody's suggestions about why we had trouble finding videos appealed to me, so I decided to just avoid the thought entirely for the time being. Ignorance is bliss, and even forced ignorance was more appealing to me than finding out the truth right now.

       So yeah, boring as they were, watching the endless hours of footage on the SD cards was a very welcome distraction. So was chatting about the pros and cons of uploading the videos to YouTube. "Even if we decided to upload a video, do we even have anything we could use?" I mused aloud. "I mean, all we have is that video of Hoody, and we still don't have the rest of it so it'd be kind of moot to upload it."

       "There's also the video you took at the park," he pointed out, and then paused, falling deep in thought. "...Now that I think about it, you're at least right about the uploads making it easier to archive everything. Only the most important stuff was posted online, so I guess looking at everything with that mindset made it easier to weed out the more useless stuff."

       Sensing where his train of thought was leading, I suggested, "So then maybe we should try to look at everything right now as if we're going to upload it?"

       "It's worth a shot, at least," he said with a shrug. Grabbing one of the complimentary notepads and pens hotels like to leave in rooms, he tested the ink and began writing. "Let's go over what we know so far about that missing time. First, we know that towards the beginning we went to the park and saw Hoody."