Chapter 17-Biana's Matchmaking List

OMG!!! I was so excited!!! Fitz told me that he, Keefe and Dex somehow made a three-way Imparter call and everyone was coming to Everglen to look at their matchmaking lists. 

I kept trying to keep my hands still. I kept unwrapping and rewrapping the ribbon that was on the matchmaking scroll. I could NOT wait for everyone to come and look at our matchlists together. This was a moment that I had been waiting for since our 3rd year!!

Thankfully, Linh and Tam arrived, followed by Keefe and Dex. I had something else to keep my mind on now. When nobody was looking, I hugged Tam tight and fast. Then, I let go. "I'm so happy that you are here!" I said. 

Tam grinned, but it seemed forced. He clutched his matchmaking scroll tightly, a little too tightly actually. I touched his arm. "Are you all right?" I asked. 

He nodded and gave a real smile this time. "Yeah. I'm fine Biana, I was just thinking about matchmaking and stuff..." His eyes became distant again.

Maybe Tam was worried about being on each others matchmaking list too. He must have heard so many comments about it. Even I heard a lot. So, I couldn't imagine how many comments Tam must be thinking about going around and around in his head... 

Linh snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Hello? Biana? You still there? Sophie is finally here! We can start our matchmaking scrolls now! Fitz told me that this was the moment that you were  waiting for!" 

I grinned. "He was right, it is!" I ran into the room that they were all in, followed by Linh and Tam. They were talking rapidly, but I didn't listen. "I CALL OPENING MINE FIRST!" I hollered. Della came in and shushed me. However, she didn't leave. 

"MOM!" I said. "Please leave! Fitz and I will tell you everything later! We both promise!" Mom smiled and laughed. "Okay," she said. "I'll leave." Then, she left the room.

Sophie smiled. "Biana, thank god you agreed to go first! We were fighting about who had to go first before you came in!" 

I took in a deep breath and read the small introduction on the top of my form. "Congratulations Biana Vacker! We have deemed that you like males with dark hair and extremely pale blue eyes! You like boys who are selfless and determined who always care about other people!"

Linh smiled. "That sounds like somebody I know!" she said grinning, not so secretly nudging Tam in the back. Tam turned red and looked away. I knew my face must be going pink too because Fitz was looking at both of us suspiciously. 

"READ THE LIST!!!!" Linh shrieked, pointing at it dramatically. I held up hands. "Calm down Linh!" I said. "I will! Just do not kill me!" 

I took a deep breath and started to read. 

50. Jonah Marzapiango: Brown hair, dark blue eyes, Guster

49. Lucas Sonia:  Dark brown hair, ice blue eyes, Vanisher 

48. Luka Donevecilli: Blond hair, pale blue eyes, Telepath 

"Skip until it's someone we know!" Fitz said. I frowned. "You don't know any of them?" I asked. Fitz shook his head. 

32. Jensi (I do not know his last name) 

"Wow!" Sophie said. "Jensi would be happy to hear that. He likes you!" I shuddered. "No thanks!" I said. 

29. Wylie Endal 

"Wow!" Linh said. "You got Wylie!?" I shrugged. "I mean, he's okay I just don't know him well," I said.  

19. Jace Johanson 

"I know Jace!" Keefe said. "He's in my Elvin History! He's a troublemaker! I think you and him would be awesome!" I shook my head. "Nah," I said. Tam shot me a relieved look and I smiled back at him. 

12. Keefe Sencen

"Keefe is that high on your list? Wow!" Dex said. "I think you and him might actually work out!" I saw Tam clench his fists in the background. "I don't like Keefe," I said. "No offense," I said to Keefe. 

Linh looked worried. That's right! She and Tam bet that if I was in Tam's top ten, then Tam would have a Winnowing Gala! 

10. Dexter Dizznee 

"I'm not so sure about everyone I know being so high on my sister's list," Fitz said, shuddering. Linh rubbed his back and I saw his face brighten. 

2. Tam Song 

Linh pumped her fist and I grinned happily. I caught Tam's eye and he smiled back. Yes! TAM SONG WAS SECOND ON MY LIST!!! I was so happy!

"Who beat me?" Tam asked. I looked on the list. "Thomas Ravechelli" I said. "I don't even know him!"

Tam smiled. "I'm happy with second." Then, as if forgetting that everyone was there, I kissed him. And he kissed me back hard.