51: Money Maker

~~~The beauty, Sen Jia, young master Qin

Turning a corner of the road, there appeared before them a great and stately, albeit worse for wear, manor with mountains on one side and a wide lake on the other.

The rays of the morning sun were interrupted by waves of misty fog raising from the lake to drift without pattern across the road and into the wood at the base of the mountain.

The scenery was grand but the road was not maintained. The carriage jolted and shook as they approached Qin manor. There was only one servant to guide the carriage to the stables when they arrived. Sen Jia knew his way around the estate from the original's memories so he quickly led Sen Shuai through the front gate.

They had just stepped through the gate when a thunderous roar could be heard. A silver-haired gentleman was rushing toward them eyes red with anger.

"This stinky brat giving grandfather nothing but worries for so long. After I especially got you a safe position with the Song Clan heir you up and ran off to serve the futureless son. Then roamed around who knows where during a surge without letting grandfather know of your well-being. Only now you remember your family?" The man stood fuming and releasing an imposing air. 

Sen Jia awkwardly rubbed his nose. He hadn't been considerate of the body's family at all. Facing this caring grandfather he felt guilty. "Grandfather, I was wrong."

The soft voice had barely finished speaking when he was caught up by the old gentleman in a big bear hug. "Good good let grandpa look at you. As long as you know your wrongs all can be forgiven." 

~~~

They all sat in a well-lit parlor having tea and refreshments. The manor had a few long-time servants still retained. They had all watched the young master grow up so they each bustled around the room doing jobs that didn't need doing just to see with their own eyes that he was well.

After chatting a bit about his travels, Sen Jia got serious. "Grandfather, I have some business ventures to discuss."

Sen Jia fulfilled his deal to provide for the Qin family by cheating. 

He used his access to the world story to find cheap but high-potential businesses to purchase and to find the most loyal managers and workers. In short, by the time he arrived at the Qin manor to report to grandfather, he had a substantial portfolio to show off.

Sen Jia thoughtfully included past profits and projected profits as well as his detailed business plans and strategies for each holding. Grandfather's eyes were shining with money signs. He praised Sen Jia generously and even offered a marriage arrangement to a noble and prosperous family. Sen Jia was quick to decline before Sen Shuai's eyes had even finished narrowing.

"No need to find me a bride. I'm going to stay by Song Min's side for his whole life."

Complete silence filled the manor. The servants were quick to read the mood and left the room even shutting the door softly behind them.

"Not allowed." Grandfather broke the silence. He steadied his eyes to Song Min's. "I hear you're an excellent warrior and obedient to your clan. You brought my grandson home safely and I appreciate it. I don't doubt your quality as a man. But your life is destined to be a short and bloody one. Find some other servant."

"I won't allow it! Only I am suitable to be by his side." Sen Jia immediately burst out, loudly slapping the tabletop.

"You stinky brat! Shut your mouth before you anger this old man to death." Grandfather slapped the table even harder.

Sen Shuai maintained his silence as Sen Jia motioned to leave it to him. He merely sipped the tea and enjoyed the drama.

"I handed over all those good businesses, I can find even more while I'm traveling with Song Min. Why can't I do as I please?"

"Did you bring them as a payment! Do you think these are as valuable as your life?"

"It should count as proof of my ability. I'm capable enough to do as I see fit!" Sen Jia yelled even louder than before.

"If that were the case, you would be capable enough to see that the future of traveling with that man is dangerous and will end in tragedy." Grandfather quietly replied.

Sen Jia was having a blast with this melodrama and he played it to the hilt. When he noticed the old gentleman's face seemed a bit bluer than red, he thought he'd pushed enough. 

"This matter can be set aside, for now, can't it Grandfather?" 

The man looked a bit fragile and out of breath. Seeing the concern on his grandson's face eased his anger somewhat, but increased his determination to shield this precious child from a harsh life. "I'll rest for a time, then we will have dinner. There are many other family members in the manor today. We'll all have dinner together. Get some rest until then." He nodded politely to Song Min who nodded back as the old gentleman stood to leave.

"Rest well Grandfather." Sen Jia sent him off then returned to the room to sit with Sen Shuai. He was seriously thinking of the future now but not his own. How will that old gentleman react when he leaves this body and it dies?

"This body has a good family. No wonder he was willing to sacrifice for their good. I should see about returning him to this body when we leave."

"En. How could we face that old man if we don't." Sen Shuai agreed.

{Seventh}

[Yes?]

{Contact the original soul if you can. If he waits until Song Min's natural death, he can return to this life.}

[Yes. I'll search for him right away Administrator.]

A/N Reminder; The body Sen Shuai is using has an expiry date due to excess hereditary spiritual energy buildup.