chapter five

I got out of the shower and dried my hair with a diffuser

My hair was mixed with curly and wavy which is a little difficult but I know how to make it work.

I go through my closet and find a nice dress. I wonder if a hot boy is gonna be there too.

I finally picked out a white long sleeve dress and a pair of white heels.

I put on mascara and lip gloss. I have to look presentable just in case.

"Sky Knightly come downstairs." My other dad Levi calls.

My family likes to call me by my middle name sometimes. I mean it was cute so I didn't mind.

"Coming!"

"Get Taylor!"

"Okay!" I walked into Taylor's room to catch him doing something I was not expecting. Twerking.

(A/N: Haha y'all thought I was gonna say jerking off)

"Sky! What are you doing in here?" He screeches. Yes, screeches.

"To tell you to come downstairs."

"I'm busy." He groans.

"For dinner stupid."

"Oh okay! I'll be down in 30 seconds."

I go down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Who are we having dinner with?" I asked.

"Jackie Moore, you've met her once a couple of years ago."

"Oh isn't she the one who bought me a chocolate cake when you didn't want to?"

"Yeah, that's her."

The doorbell rung and Levi rushes and pulls me with him.

"Calm down," I said and he glares at me.

I put my hands up in surrender.

"Hey, Jackie! It's nice to see you again." Issac goes in to hug her.

"Yes! I haven't seen my best friend's husband in a while." She hugs Levi. She looks over at me and her eyes widen.

"This better not be Brynnley." She says with her eyes wide.

"It's her." I smiled and go in to hug her. She goes the same. As I am about to let go she hugs me tighter and squeezes me.

"Ouu I can't breathe."

"Oh god, I'm sorry. It's just you're so grown and gorgeous."

"Thank you. You're beautiful. Are you 20?" I asked.

"No honey, I'm 36." She laughs.

"You don't look like it," Taylor says trying to hide his grin.

"Stop." I slapped the back of his head.

"It was a compliment." He defended himself.

"We all knew what you meant ya nasty," I whispered to him, scrunching up my nose.

"I would never."

"Sure." I rolled my eyes, elbowing him on his side.

"Where is your son?" Issac asks.

"He's coming, he has to get his daughter's bag ready." Ms. Moore smiles.

"I'm here, I'm sorry." A deep voice that sounds awfully familiar speaks up.

"Jax honey, come in. Meet my best friend Levi, his partner Issac and their kids Brynnley and Taylor. We're missing Claire."

"Where is Claire?" Levi asks me worried.

"She's late," I replied.

"Nice to meet you, this is my daughter Journey. I've met Brynn, she's my tutor for Spanish."

"Yep," I said biting the corners of my lips.

I catch Jax eyeing me up and down a bit.

I walked over to him and reached out for Journey.

"Hey, baby! I missed you." She jumps into my arms. "Sweet little bebe." I gave her kisses on her cheek.

"You act like you gave birth to her," Taylor says rolling his eyes.

"Look at her and tell me you wouldn't do the same," I said putting her face towards him. She smiles and giggles.

"Touché. Let me hold her." He says reaching out for her.

"No," I said moving away from him.

"Let me hold her!" He says a little louder trying to not get the adult's attention. They were in the kitchen getting everything out.

"I said no."

"I'll take her." A voice behind me says taking Journey out of my arms.

"Claire!" Taylor and I whined.

"Shush up." She flips us off. "I'm Claire, nice to meet you." She says taking Jax's hand and shaking it.

"Jax Monroe."

"I know who you are. I was watching you check out my sister. Don't break her heart because if you do I'll put you in jail." She says while tickling Journey's belly.

"How are you gonna do that?" Jax tests her.

"Trust me, I have my ways." She says handing Journey back to me and walking away.

"Sorry about her."

"It's alright. I'd do the same."

"Kids! Come eat!"

Ou yay food!!!!

published: October 31st, 2019