Chapter 65

Author's note: SURPRISE! Two chapters this time around as my way of saying thanks for causing my story to blow up! I love you all! THANK YOU! 

___________

Chapter Sixty Five

For the longest time, Sebastian and I sat staring at each other in complete silence. I didn't particularly know what to say or think, and he seemed content to just stare at me with a flat-faced expression that did absolutely nothing to tell me what was on his mind. 

I shifted against him, refusing to break eye contact, waiting for something I didn't even fully know. It was only when he took a deep breath and let it out that his face finally went slack.

"Are you all right?" he grumbled, finally looking down at my stomach and then back to my face with a tightness lacing his mouth. "Be completely honest."

"Yeah," I admitted, nodding. "I'm fine. I really don't remember what happened."

He fell silent for a few more seconds, gaze flitting down to my mouth, then up to my temple.

"No headaches?"

"None that I can feel," I assured him. "I promise."

He nodded, then rubbed his eyes and I had a passing curiosity about the time. I jumped when a warm hand dusted my cheek and came to rest there, cupping my skin.

"You... take better care of yourself," he grumpily muttered, mouth tight with frustration. "I..."

He trailed off, jaw clenching and wriggling from side to side. I knew what he wanted to say. I had scared him. It was obvious in his face, in his reactions.

Instead of saying anything, though, I shifted my body and pulled my legs off his arms, moving them so I was straddling his knees and sitting on his lap. The way he was kneeling made it fairly easy to settle down against him, especially when he leaned back on his toes to give me room.

I kept my arms around his neck and looked straight into his eyes.

"I have health issues," I told him honestly, refusing to divert my gaze even when his eye twitched and narrowed further. "Becoming a vampire didn't change that. My lung still hurts sometimes if its cold... breathing too deep or singing too much can make it hurt, too. My heart problems have gotten much better with age, but there are times when it has a bit of a murmur. Unsteady."

His face tightened. "That is abnormal--"

"I know," I interrupted, leaning forward and pressing my lips against his throat. I was far too aware that he was naked save for his underwear. It did very little to shield the feeling of his junk against mine. My breath washed across his skin as I murmured, "I'm sorry if I scared you."

He tilted his head back to give me more access to his neck.

I kissed him very gently, then set my chin on his shoulder, holding him close to me.

His arms wrapped around my waist, locking me in place like steel bars. I felt a low vibrating hum in his chest as I kissed all across his neck and gave his jugular a sharp little nip. He, in reply, ran his hand along my ribs and--tickled me. I squirmed away from his hand with a yelp and a laugh.

"Hey!" I gasped. "Don't do that!"

"Oh?" Sebastian purred, face sinking into an expression of half-lidded laziness. "I didn't realize you were ticklish."

"I-I'm not," I lied, facing instantly heating up. "I'm not ticklish."

"That sounds like a lie," he purred, and a ferocious smile split his mouth in two. Before I could blink, he was lifting me into the air and throwing me onto the couch. I squealed in surprise as I landed on the cushions, flat on my back, the shirt riding up and exposing my stomach.