Chapter 15 : Modern Day Life Lesson Fourteen

A/N: HIIIIII I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! School has started again!!!! And I don't like it at all!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I don't know what to say here now so here's chapter 13 and please enjoy!!!

It'd been two days since Subaru's parents came, and Emilia was sitting alone on the sofa, frowning slightly and staring at the TV. The channel was airing a piece of news about a recent and mysterious discovery of something that seemed to be a wormhole, but Emilia wasn't paying the slightest attention on it, and her eyes, though fixed on the screen, seemed to be looking at something that was far beyond the cube displaying colorful images in front of her.

"What's the matter, Lia??" Puck asked as he floated toward her and sitting down on her shoulder. "Something troubling you?" He asked, and Emilia snapped back. "O-Oh, hey, Puck. I was just daydreaming, I guess." Emilia said, feeling that what she was saying was not entirely true but not knowing which part of it was untrue. "Hmmmmm???" Puck floated up again, his arms folded, orbiting Emilia's head as if she was the sun and he was a planet.

"I suppose you realize that I always know exactly what's on your mind, right?" Puck said, smiling. Emilia nodded and looked down at her knees. "Yes, I know that. But I'm feeling... a bit... uh... well... confused...?? I think." She said in an uncertain tone, the frown still on her face. "Ne, Puck, what's it like to like somebody?" Emilia asked, looking up at the tiny silver cat, now hovering somewhere above her head. "Well, I guess when you really care about someone and can't get that person off your mind no matter what you do, you can say that you really like that person." Puck said, swirling casually in circles.

"Lia, I understand what you're feeling. You don't need to feel guilty or ashamed of that feeling. It is natural to feel that way towards other, especially when that 'someone' has put every of his effort in helping you." Puck said, soaring back to Emilia. "Subaru really is a good guy, isn't he?" Puck chuckled slightly, swaying left and right on her shoulder, smiling brightly. "He sure is..." Emilia said with a small smile. Memories flowed back to her as she continued to stare into nothing. Subaru was always there for her, even though many of his attempts in helping her had got himself into countless troubles, but still, Subaru never stepped away from her.

Emilia continued to gaze into nothing, her mind spinning rather rapidly. "Weird..." She muttered as the conversation between them and Subaru's parents surfaced to her mind, not to mention the scene where Rem kissed Subaru in their cooking club classroom.

"Girlfriend..."

Rem and Subaru's relationship developed quickly in the past few months, and after the night when Subaru's parents visited, Subaru decided to face the growing feelings in his heart and accepted Rem's feelings for him. There weren't any immediate changes among them just yet, but even Emilia could tell that something unseen and somewhat intangible had changed. She did notice they were getting close and assumed it was because of the fact that they were living in a small apartment together and had to rely on one another. But now, after everything that had happened, after Emilia started thinking about her own feelings, everything seemed to be coming together.

"I know that Rem has a special feeling for Subaru since a long time ago, and I also know that the two were getting really close to each other, but when I heard that word... it still gives me a weird feeling around the chest..." Emilia thought. "Will they leave me...?" She muttered. Emilia was confused, but not because of her own feelings, not just yet. What she was worrying was the possibility of losing someone really close to her due to the change, something she dreaded the most.

"Lia... don't think that, none of them are like that. You know it." Puck said, floating down in front of Emilia. "I know... it's just..."
"It's just that Subaru has always said that he likes you and will always be by your side?" Puck finished Emilia's sentence, looking up at her with a small smile. She paused for five seconds and turned away and gave a small nod, her face growing red. "My my, Lia, you're already at this age, aren't you?" Puck said, laughing. "Puck, I'm serious now! I need to get my head straight! I'm so confused now!" Emilia said, puffing her cheeks out and frowning at the little silver cat.