Chapter 15

She couldn't comprehend why he kept ignoring her. At first, it had hurt her feelings, but now, the female alpha was annoyed. She scowled as she read through all the documents of information that her pack had found. Lander had told her to continue digging, but to keep hush on the matter.

Brian read his book silently, as his mate sat at her desk. He was no longer upset with Arian, but he didn't know how to talk to her again without being awkward. Yesterday night, his wolf had not let him sleep peacefully, as he was angry at Brian for ignoring their mate. His wolf called him many harsh words, resulting in Brian realizing he had over reacted the previous day.

Two hours had passed before Arian made the first move to speak. The scowl remained on her face as her eyes continued to dart in her mate's direction. She studied his calm figure, how could he be okay with not talking to me? She thought to herself. With a sigh, Arian stood up and walked to the sofa Brian laid on. She picked up his legs, causing Brain to jump slightly in surprise, and dropped them to the floor, removing him of his lying position. He had not heard when the she wolf approach.

The two looked into each other's eyes for mere seconds before Brian moved his eyes to the floor. Arian pouted at the motion. "Are you going to explain what happened?" she asked.

Brian raised his head slightly, "I'm sorry," he apologized.

Arian's eyebrows crunched in confusion, "Why are you sorry. I was the one who did something. Is that not the reason why you are upset with me?"

"I thought it was you, but it was me," he glanced quickly at her. "I shouldn't have...have reacted that way. You were doing something important. I was acting like a child," his head hung low. Arian could feel he didn't want to continue.

Arian couldn't stand the sight in front of her. She captured his face in her hands, "you are more important to me," she looked into his brown eyes. She pressed her red lips against his rosy pink ones. The kiss was soft and gentle, just like Brian, Arian thought. The pair spent the rest of the day in the office, kissing and cuddling; a perfect night.

The sun peaked through the blinds, waking the alpha and her mate. The two shared a series of pecks and wandering hands, until it was time for breakfast. They changed quickly, then moved down into the kitchen. All pack members who lived in the house were present, and ready to eat. Arian sat at the head of the table with Brian to the right, his parents beside him, and Beta Jacobs to her left. Chatter flowed through the room with bursts of laughter and shouting. The Alpha and her mate, however, never paid any attention to the others. They held each other's gaze, and talked amongst themselves.

Brian's parents had contributed to the conversations around them, stopping every once in a while to look to their son and his mate. His mother couldn't comprehend how Brian was mated to the Red Devil. In fact, she was scared for him when they had first arrived. She had heard many stories about the female alpha. Wolves around the country knew about her, and her violent past. She was an expert in killing. Brian's mother had seen the alpha in action once before.

Alpha Reynolds had come to visit this pack when Arian's father was still in charge. Brian's mother was his main pack doctor at the time, he had brought her in case Arian's father had tried to kill him, for Arian's father was known as The Mad Alpha; impulsive and violent. She had seen young Arian training, it is a sight she would never forget.

Arian had been sparring with a fellow pack mate, but when she took a glance at the visiting alpha, her pack mate caught her in the face. Brian's mother and the rest of her pack had stopped when a threatening aura filled the territory. It was like time stood still, Arian's form was erect in shock. No one had been able to land a hit for years. Brian's mother remembers how Arian's eyes changed to a glowing red, a haunting sight to the visiting wolves.

She attacked the wolf with no remorse. She remained in her human form as her teeth clamped onto the wolf's shoulder. She ripped out a chunk, and spit the pieces of flesh at the wolf. Her bloody teeth that were on display, held pieces of skin. She gripped her dagger and lunged again. She slashed an ear off, then she moved to ram a dagger into his knee cap, immobilizing her target. At that moment, Arian's father had come out. He watched his daughter slay the wolf viciously and with no remorse; just as she was taught. His eyes gleamed with pride at his little devil.

Brian's mother, Elizabeth, will always remember that day. The day she realized the rumors were true. After Arian had killed the wolf, she continued on with her training as if nothing had happened. Elizabeth wasn't surprised to hear when Arian had killed her family and took the pack.

Elizabeth shook those memories away as she looked from her husband, back to her son. She watched as the two were stuck in a happy bubble. She could tell that the female alpha loved her son, but she worried about their future. If it came to it, would she choose Brian over her pack? Or would her thirst for power and bloodlust win?