Chapter 12

"I'm getting real tired of their shit." I mumble to myself.

I get up and head out of my apartment and stand near the doors. I peered out and didn't see anyone, so I walked out, acting like I knew nothing, knowing they would be on the sides.

I walked out and one guy jumped on me, so I flipped to land on my back, basically landing on him.

I get back up and turn to see the other guy stare in disbelief.

"How did you-?"

"Did you forget, I have omnipotent powers."

"Fuck."

"Don't just stand there!" The guy on the ground yelled. "Grab her!"

The other guy ran and tried to jump on me, so I ducked and he collapsed on the first guy. I created a barrier around them, trapping them together unable to escape.

"Why are you doing this?" I demanded.

"Look, we're just following orders."

"By who?" I put my foot on the barrier. "Answer!"

"We don't know her name. She just sends her lackeys to us with her orders, we never seen her."

"Then how do you know your boss is a she?"

"Her lackeys would say 'just do as she says' when we question something."

I stood there. Staying hidden, is she? Is it that woman that came after me when I was at the trampoline park? It can't be, if she's staying hidden, that woman I encountered before must be someone higher up, but below this boss..

"If we promise to leave and never come back, will you release us?"

"I'll think about it." I threw my hand up and walked away.

After I rounded a corner, Amber appeared.

"oH my god, Amber. Don't do that."

"Sorry, was trying to hide from those guys."

"Yeah, well they revealed more to me."

"Like?"

"Their boss likes to stay in the shadows."

"But I thought we met their boss."

"No, it couldn't have been. Those idiots seemed to be telling the truth."

Amber sighed. "Why can't they just leave you alone?"

"The hell I know." I shrugged. "Since I'm out, I may as well go get something to eat."

"What is it with you and food."

"Hey, food make me happy, let me have it. I would marry it if I could."

Amber snickered. "It is possible."

"Amber." I facepalmed. "It's a joke."

"Yeah, okay. You need a man."

"Pfffft." I scoffed. "I don't need no man make me happy when food already does that job perfectly."

Amber shook her head and laughed. "Okay, whatever."

I started heading to a Chinese place and ordered some chicken and rice, then proceeded to sit down at a table, Amber following behind.

I quietly ate my food as I felt Amber's gaze upon me.

"What is it?" I mumble, with my mouth full of food.

"You're too quiet."

"I'm just eating."

"You normally continue talking while eating."

"I can't think either?"

"About what?"

"Them dumb EMBER douches."

"Yeah, they're getting out more often then ever."

"You know, eventually, their boss will have to come after me at some point."

"Yeah, but you can't count on that happening soon."

"Or can I?"

"Whatcha planning?"

"We put a tracking device on one of the guys that actually come after me, then track them to their base."

"Can't you just track them with your ability instead?"

"I'm unsure how long of a distance that can track, a physical device has unlimited distance."

"True."

I continue to eat my food when amber spoke up.

"Wait, do you have one readily available?"

"Amber, I can just conjure it up."

"Oh yeah.." she paused, staring at her food.

I finished the food then stared out the window.

Their base can't be far from here, otherwise they couldn't get to me so easily. It has to be obvious, but not obvious enough to be suspicious. Where could that be?

I continued to stare out the window, pondering, when I happen to see something happening in the distance.

There was a loud thundering sound and a cloud of smoke.

"The hell?"

I stood up and ran outside, watching from a distance.

As the smoke cleared, I seen a familiar figure. Talk girl with blonde hair and red ends.

"Ruby." I whispered in a sigh.

"Her again?" Amber sounded exasperated.

"Probably some stupid reason again."

I walk in that direction with no intention of intervening, and tried to get a better look.

Ruby seemed to be exhausted, and there was a woman standing in front of her, seemingly unscathed.

"Uh, Kami?"

"That's one of our leads." I hushed.

I quickly conjured up a gps tracker and threw it, landing perfectly on the woman's neck, hidden under her hair.

"Wouldn't it be noticeable?"

"It won't flash, or beep. I can control how it looks and see exactly where she is. I'm going to confirm it to blend in with her hair."

"Oh, neat. Hidden in plain sight." Amber sounded relieved.

I then focused my hearing towards the two across the street.

"Face it, I beaten you." The woman spoke.

"I ain't goin' down that easily!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Pfft." The woman scoffed. "You ain't much energy left to fight, just face it and let me kill you. You crummy kids have no worth in this world if you abuse your abilities like this. But had you listened, I could have made you way more powerful!"

"There's no way I'm following you or your dumb leader." Ruby wiped the blood off her face. "I want to avenge my sister, because of you assholes, she's dead."

"Don't blame me, I wasn't apart of that."

"But you're apart of the ones that did do it now."

The woman sounded disgusted with Ruby's ideals.

"Look, I don't have time for brats like you, run along, or just die."

"Never!" She ran, limping badly.

The woman formed her heated claws and swung as Ruby blocked, thinking it will work.

I quickly formed a barrier protecting Ruby, and causing the woman to get injured from failing to pierce my barrier.

Ruby looked up in confusion, as she expected to get hit, and seen a blue barrier around her.

"Wait a minute..."