Chapter 18

Lucious headed down to the kitchen, he noticed imeadietly that Angel was no longer in the kitchen. Jaunita was cleaning the counters and keeping an eye on the small child. Rose looked around confused and scared. Her eyes connected with Lucious's making her jump. He held his hands up as he slowly walked over not to spook her.

"Hi sweetheart, My names Lucious." He spoke feather soft, Jaunita fought her smile. He was so tender and gentle when it came to kids. She had seen it through the years she worked here.

"I don't mean to scare you baby, I'm just....big." He spoke not sure what to say. She looked behind him then frowned, her lip poking out.

"Honey, what's wrong?" He asked, as he sat beside her on a chair. Rose's lips quivered her face scrunching.

"Please don't cry. It's okay, I can't help you if you can't tell me what's wrong. Are you sleepy?" He asked, as she sniffled. He racked his brain for tips that he learned from watching Cookie with the boys when they were young. He frowned not coming up with a valid reason for her sudden tears.

".......kie." A small voice sounded out. He blinked straining his ears to hear her.

"Cookie?" He asked, she nodded her head rubbing her eyes.

"Okay, Jaunita can you take her up to Cookie. She should be getting in the tub." He requested, Jaunita nodded washing her hands.

"She's gonna take you to Cookie okay?" He spoke, Rose nodded looking at Jaunita with slight fear. Lucious slowly got up, he wondered if she was a Lyon at all. She seemed so shy and quiet. Unlike any of the Lyon children. With that on his mind he went in search of a specific Lyon child. Finding her outside on the phone, he paused in the doorway listening.

"Leave me alone. I'm not going home!" She snapped.

"Angel, let him explain. You know I love you, but I feel like your over exaggerating. What if these so called people are lying to you to. The Lyons? Nothing but Philly Thugs turned rich. How do you think they know dad? We kept you out of this part of our lives for your innocence." Daman responded, tracking her phone as they spoke.

"I...I...I don't know. I don't know anything. I know something's not right, and biologically I'm their child. I even look like my mother." Angel admitted feeling overwhelmed.

"I'm sorry Angel, I really am. But dad gave me an order....im supposed to bring you home. I'm not leaving New York with out you." He spoke looking at the location he was getting. Somewhere on the out skirts of New York. The serious tone in his voice brought chills to her spine.

"I don't wanna go...." She whimpered, the way her brother was talking was cutting deeper then ever. She didn't know if any of them were on the up and up. Did she know Adam?

"You're coming." Daman stated as if it was already happening. Angel hung up dropping her head. Feeling eyes on her she turned and jumped, Lucious leaned against the wall in the shadows.

"If you wanna know us, just ask." He simply stated heading into the house. Angel sighed she couldn't make assumptions just yet. Slowly heading back inside she found him fixing a drink. Scratching her head she cleared her throat. He looked over his shoulder at her.

"Um...Thank you, for letting me eat with you guys. It was really special. I do have just one question." Angel spoke. He rose a brow signaling her to continue.

"Is Cookie....like she's round and...well I didn't want to ask...cause it's rude and all....so like.."

"Yes, she's pregnant." He chuckled cutting off her nervous rant. Angel felt a burst of excitement hit her.