Pilot

Chapter song: Hell Broke Luce by Tom Waits

Song sound familiar?

She pulled her blonde hair into a tight ponytail as she got ready for work. She left her cheap apartment and got in her beat-up car. "Shit, shit, shit." Ally ran back into her apartment and grabbed her safety vest. She stared at the pocket knife that set on the kitchen counter. Ally had promised that starting that week she would stop taking it but she couldn't resist.

She made her way back to her car and drove to work. Ally pulled into the parking lot of the unfinished office building that the construction team was working on.

"Hey, Ally, looking good!" She rolled her eyes and ignored it as more catcalls were heard as she walked in to start her shift.

The only person to never comment on her figure was Pete Castiglione. But all he ever did was take down walls with nothing but a sledgehammer.

She would study the blueprints during her shifts making sure they were being followed. Once lunch hit she would eat alone. If she tried to eat near anyone they would just ask for her number.

When lunch ended she would go back on her shift and continue reading over the prints. As night came and the construction workers got off work she would walk around and make sure everything was done right.

"See ya, Pete." She said before she left. He never responded, just continued hitting the wall.

Once Ally got back to her apartment she took off her safety vest and put the pocket knife back on the kitchen counter.

She retired to her bedroom where she could hear her neighbors having sex. Once her neighbors quieted she fell asleep.

~

She woke up to her alarm feeling as if she didn't sleep at all. Ally got ready and went to work, this time leaving the pocket knife on the kitchen counter.

She drove to work and got the usual catcalls as she walked into the unfinished building.

The day was normal with the usual until everyone started to leave.

A man approached her, "Did we do everything right?"

"Yea, just go home." She said without looking up from the prints.

The man grew closer, "I was thinking you could come with me."

Ally glanced up at the man, "No I have to get home." She started to feel uncomfortable but she tried not to let it show.

"Oh, c'mon." He set his hand on her waist.

She moved away from the man but he pushed her against the table making it impossible to run away from him. "Move." This time harsher but he didn't respond. "Move!" She said a little louder, Ally started to feel around on the table for something to defend herself with.

The man grew closer and licked her ear. "MOVE!" But the man gave no reaction. This was it. Her hand grabbed for a pair of scissors and she plunged it into the man's throat. Ally watched as he fell to the ground clutching his neck.

She looked up to see Pete standing in front of her holding the hammer.

"Fuck..." She dropped the pair of scissors as the man's eyes shut. "P-Pete, please, I-it was him." Her hand dripped with blood as she thought Pete was going to kill her.

Pete walked to the bleeding corpse and threw it over his shoulder. He walked over to the cement truck and threw the body in.

"Quit your job, change your name." His voice was deep and intimidating.

"Ally isn't my real name." Pete looked up at her almost surprised. "It's Lena Beckett." He turned and continued to hit the wall with his hammer as if nothing happened.

Lena drove back to her apartment and started to pack her things as she heard her neighbor's moans in the background.

Her phone started to ring, "Hello?" Her voice was frantic.

"I saw what you did. Tomorrow, meet me at 10012 Washington Square South." The call ended and Lena started to take apart her phone, she found the SIM card and broke it in half.

Her breathing increased in speed as she laid on her bed.

~

She turned off her alarm and got ready, but this time she brought a pistol. This type of day wasn't unfamiliar, she had been in a situation like this before.

Lena drove to the address and found it was abandoned. She parked her car outside and opened the gate. Once inside she pulled out the pistol and continued to walk until she saw a light coming from under a door.

She opened the door and she was greeted by a man with unkempt hair who was in a robe.

"Lena! You-" Before he could finish Lena shot at the ground next to him.

After the bullet shells hit the ground she spoke with authority, "How do you know my name?"

"Public records, just don't shoot me." The man held his hands up in surrender.

"Why do you want me here." She lowered the gun.

"To ask some questions about Frank Castle." Lena cocked her head. "Better know as Pete Castiglione."

She walked closer to him, "I've never heard that name before." He covered my ass if he's in trouble then I'd be giving him away she thought.

"Look, I saw you talking to him last night, I just need to ask some questions about him."

She nodded hesitantly, "What do you want to know?"