Chapter 53

Okay, so no hanky panky this chapter, but it still matterrrrrs, I promise

***

This last week has been a rollercoaster, but not in the bad way it usually is, between starting my new job, and exploring more of whatever it is Harry and I have developed into, I genuinely don't recognise my life any more.

And I couldn't be happier about it.

I'm slowly but surely coming more to terms with Harrys past, and his present, the more open he's been about it. While I don't agree with a lot of it, I've come to the middle ground that you can love someone and not agree with everything they do.

He's not asking me to throw away my morals, and he's trying get me to help him learn his.

I'm taking this far better than I thought I would, maybe getting punched in the face knocked some screws loose somewhere.

I'm in love with a man that launders money through his business for criminals and used to torture people for a job.

This is fine.

This is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Abby six months ago would have had a stroke over how my life is now, but I can't say that notion bothers me, I prefer my life now, I actually enjoy it.

Harry has been far more open with me, and I'm absorbing anything he gives me like a sponge, collecting all the clues until everything finally fits together about him.

There's been three main things I've tagged as important with what I've learned this week though, it's like I have a filing cabinet in my head categorising it all.

First being, he showed me his butterfly collection. He keeps them stored in the large chest of drawers in his room I never paid much attention to, because I assumed they were filled with clothes.

Apparently not.

They were beautiful, all the different types he had, displayed so perfectly in glass shadow boxes, and he was so enthusiastic about telling me about them, he's like a damn encyclopedia about it.

I had asked him why he kept them hidden away, they're like artwork, they deserved to be displayed.

He seemed to get uncomfortable at the question, but more so in an ashamed way.

"Don't you think they're a bit... Girly? Wouldn't it be embarrassing having them hanging up around the place?" he'd asked sheepishly.

"First of all, there's nothing wrong with being girly, being feminine if you're a man or woman is a wonderful trait" I had told him firmly, but then switched to reassuring "But these are beautiful Harry, you should be so proud of them. You don't have to put them up if you don't want to, but I think they deserve to be showed off, you shouldn't have to hide this, it's amazing"