Chapter 18 (Part 2)

Nope, I can't do this. 

Lisa ran through the airport hustle. She got five minutes left before the check in closed. She was panting hard when she showed her e-ticket to the middle age guy at the check in counter. He gave her the seat number and told her that the plane was already boarding so she needed to get there fast. 

Lisa sprinted in rush- luckily she only brought one backpack. She was bumped here and there with another people. She didn't bother about the cursing and angry glared that been threw towards her. She just kept running till she was already in boarding gate.

She sighed relieved when she finally sat down on her seat. It was near the window- she really liked this position. As the plane took off from the runaway, her eyes got engaged to the brown velvet sky. The buildings got smaller and she could see the clear cloud with sparkle eyes.

Tokyo, here l come.

*****

Her Japanese was bad, like really bad. And the fact that the driver couldn't spoke in English at all made it all worse. There wasn't any other option besides writing her destination, 'Hilton Tokyo Hotel' she showed the paper. The driver finally grinned and nodded as he drove away.

Lisa stood on her feet to in front of the tall building. There were two of hotel employees welcomed her with polite smile as one of them guided her to the receptionist. Lisa thanked him whilst an average height woman greeted her and offered the room they had with perfect English. 

"Um, I'm looking for Ms. Jennie Kim's room." She said.

"I'm sorry, but we can't give that kind of information, miss." She apologized.

"How about you call her? Can you call her room? I've been trying but she's out of reach, her phone probably off or something. Just tell her that Lisa Manoban is looking for her."

"I'm sorry-"

"I'm her fiancee. Just please?"

"We're really sorry miss, but it against our rule." The girl explained. "We really can't do that."

"Well, I'll wait for her then." She left the counter and sat at one of the couch that provided by the Hotel. She tried again and again to call her. After the fourth time, it thankfully worked.

"Hello. Lisa-ah?" Jennie answered her phone with some noise.

"Where are you?" She asked and couldn't help but irritated. "I've been trying to call."

"I'm on my way to hotel. Why? Are you home? Have you already had dinner?" 

"I'm starving waiting for you," she sulked. 

"I wont be at Seoul tonight, Lisa-ah. Go eat." 

"I'm at Hilton Tokyo Hotel. Just get here fast? I'm really really hungry." 

"What?! What did you say?"

"I'm here in Tokyo, at your hotel." Lisa heard the clicked of the door open and some chattering behind. "Nini?" she called her only to hear the disconnection tone. She frowned at the device, she was about to press call again when she heard someone shouted her name.

"Lisa!" She looked towards the source as the view of Jennie wearing a black half knee dress with dark blue high heels moved closer. It was a perfection coming to her direction. She stood up abruptly as enormous smile shaping in her face.

"Yah! Jen, why are you running like that?" Behind her Irene and Chaeyoung approaching her. 

Both of them gasped at the sight of Lisa.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie was surprised.

"Waiting for you, obviously." She grinned. "Wow! You look-" she opened and closed her mouth as her brain loading to create a perfect word to describe the angel after her. "You look wow. I mean wow." Yeah, her brain failed miserably. 

Jennie blushed. "Thanks," she mumbled. Her face felt hot by the compliment, her heart beat erratically.

Lisa peeked at the two persons behind Jennie. "Hey, Chaeyoung." She waved at the tall woman. Her face expression changed into a flat one when her eyes lay on Irene- who was also had the same expression towards her.

"Care to accompany me eat? I'll just have meal here." Lisa pointed the restaurant behind her.

"Sure," Jennie turned facing her friends. "You guys go ahead." Jennie said as she walked beside Lisa.

In spite of arguing who and who was going to sleep on the couch and on the bed, Lisa was more than happy to see Jennie again. One and half days without her were a torture for her.

When she came home at afternoon today, her house was creepily quiet. She didn't like the lonely impression at all. As she finished showering, she opened her drawer absentmindedly. She found her passport gleaming more than ever to her.

She quickly took her tablet and began to search if there was any available flight destination to Tokyo. As she got her tickets, she threw whatever clothes she could see at the top inside her wardrobe whilst calling a cab to took her to the airport.

It was super last minutes and she almost lost her flight. She was exhausted but then when she met Jennie- it was all worth it.

"Goodnight, Nini!" She shouted from the couch- adjusting her position. "Disney Land tomorrow! Woohoo!"

"Dork!" she shouted back.

*****

It was a bright day as the wind blew their faces softly. Jennie felt bad for ditching her best friend but deep down she couldn't deny that she much preferred went to Disney Land with Lisa. Her friends were going to shopping center and since she knew Lisa hated going around without a proper purpose, she had to apologize to them and said yes to Lisa's wished to go to one of the biggest amusement park in the world.

Lisa was beyond happy to begin with. She was high since this morning, she couldn't even finish her breakfast- too excited to digest anything.

"Woah! Look at that Roller Coaster!" She pointed the big colorful railroad.

"We're totally going to that ice cream shop!" 

"Nini! Have you seen that? That's so cool!" 

"Lets go to Adventure land and Tomorrow land!" 

"Nini, can we buy jelly? And candies?" 

"I'm hungry. Lets have junk food!"

Jennie was more like a mother that day. She granted every Lisa's wish with pleasure. It was another level of happiness Lisa ever showed to her and it was so precious.

"Amusement park is one my happy place." The doctor said as they walked slowly at the flower garden. "It's so full of magic," she looked at Jennie. "I know it's childish considering my age but I'd like to think that magic is somehow, somewhere- in me."

"It's not childish. It's rare to find adults who still believe in such thing. I think it's amazing." She said honestly. She adored Lisa for that.

Lisa smiled sincerely.

"May I hold your hand?" The taller girl offered her hand, asking Jennie to take it

Jennie gave her hand for Lisa to hold. Jennie's hand was small and soft. Jennie observed Lisa looking at their clasped hand like it was the most wonderful thing in the world. Her heart burst out of joy at the sight.

"Our hands fit perfectly together." Lisa whispered but loud enough for Jennie to hear.

And I'd like to hold it for as long as I can.