Heda

Every inch of the camp was nothing but cries of agony

Every inch of the camp was nothing but cries of agony. Nia couldn't wait for Echo to respond with any news leaving Monty to tend to the radio. Every instinct in her body wanted her pick up her sword and head back into the gorge. To find Bellamy and bring him back but the constant faces of the little ones kept her grounded.

Using all this pent up energy she opted to help anyone she could with their severe injuries. Leaving her in a tent with Jackson assisting him on procedures. Their attention focused on the task that they weren't fully aware of the ongoings outside.

The Rover pulled into the camp and people were on guard for any sudden movements against them. Only for the survivors from the group to pile out.

Jackson and Nia stood in silence trying to grasp the fact that another soldier had died due to their lack of equipment. The opening of the tent flew open and Monty, Harper and Murphy were lifting Gaia's body in. Nia was shocked to see two people she hadn't think to see in that moment.

The two available doctors cleared a table where Gaia could be stationed. Nia trying to focus on Gaia but the thought of Bellamy was clouding her head.

"Nia, Bellamy is outside." Murphy spoke in an unsure voice. She was a healer after all and a patient was laying there on the table, not to mention it was Gaia.

"Go. I got this until you get back." Jackson suggested making Nia hesitate but nod.

Nia pushed her way out and passed Indra entering. She gave her grateful look before continuing outside. Her movements halted when she saw everyone bowing to the child who held the Flame. But it didn't matter, what mattered was Bellamy.

"Bellamy!" She called out making him turn his head and stand.

Once she caught sight of where he was she rushed over and threw her arms around him. She let out a sigh of relief at the feeling of him there with her.

"I thought I lost you." She whispered to him.

"I'm here. I'm here." He reassured her pulling back to place his forehead on hers.

Both grateful that the other was safe.

Movement caught her eye as they settled on Madi. The small girl stepped closer to the couple. She stopped in front of them before turning to the rest of the people. The girl held an unreadable expression directed at Nia.

"I am Madi kom Shallow Valley. But I am not the commander you should be kneeling too." Her words making everyone glance at one another questionably. If she wasn't going to lead them then who would.

"I may hold the Flame but even the commanders inside me tell me I am not fit to hold it." Her voice strong and confident. "Before Praimfaya the Flame could not find the next because the next was never acknowledged."