Chapter Forty-Nine | Second World

[ 49 ]

It was relatively early in the morning when Hisaya poked his head around the office doors. There were a few already working away, but judging by their panda-eyes, they had most likely been working through the night. They didn't even notice him as he crept in, large mug of coffee in hand.

He'd been absent for a few days, and everyone was surprisingly understanding. As well as him being a tad like a workaholic, Hisaya learnt that people tended to not ask questions when it was Omega's that were absent. Which he knew, if this was during his old school days, he'd most definitely take advantage of.

In reality, it was the combination of a stubborn Noriaki and a worrying Ryōichi that ended with him taking a few days off. The two were very sceptical of his health, even though Hisaya himself had repeatedly told them he was fine. But there was clearly something about him that told others not to trust his word when it came to his own well-being.

But being left to his own devices, Hisaya of course escaped the apartment. Though he didn't mind, on any other occasion, staying home and lounging around, unlike then he wasn't plagued with anxieties. Ones that revolved around the little bun, who he was guaranteed to meet in the near future.

And it freaked him out. Because he feared the possibilities. Such as, what if Asahi didn't like him? And instead preferred to stick to Ichirō?

Not that he wouldn't understand, but he'd be a little heartbroken. Especially considering it was going to take a lot of courage to meet him in the first place. And he feared the possible rejection.

Needless to say, he needed the distraction. And that came in the form of work. He managed to evade being spotted by the team and was able to slip into his office. He only released a sigh when he was seated behind his desk, booting up his computer.

Yoshiaki would no doubt be the one to spot he wasn't home, because Ryōichi had been ensuring he delivered meals. So Hisaya only had a few hours to himself before he was discovered. And for the information he received, he was glad he was alone.

Because 'Red' had been in touch.

With a crash-course on the workings of various devices before he left, Red had successfully obtained crucial bits of evidence. Now Hisaya just had to ensure they got to him without being seen, or traced. Which is why it was only him that was dealing with this fragile part of the case. Keeping everyone else in the dark; because they'd most likely think it was too risky.

And for a time, Hisaya wondered if he'd gone too far too. But Red was as stubborn as he was, and all but demanded to be given the opportunity to help bring the alpha, and his shady businesses, down.

The information that Hisaya initially got to read from his computer screen was to be considered only the tip of the iceberg. And even then, his hatred for Hiromasa was festering. Though Fresh Start was a charity, they kept strict tabs on the Omegas that walked through their doors.

From what Red divulged, they were given very little freedom in terms of leaving the building. So it wasn't like he could meet up with the boy and have a face-to-face. But the one thing he had told Red before he left, was that if he was found out, or even suspected of being planted, that he should get out of there as quick as he could.

Hisaya didn't care what could happen to his own reputation if it got out, as long as Red way far away from Hiromasa and his corrupted lot.

When Hisaya was eventually spotted in his office, the team flocked. They realised quickly that they weren't going to win with trying to persuade their boss to go home and rest as he should have been, so they instead brought him some files. The reason for the panda-eyed workers, was in fact because of the influx of investors and possible investors.