Micky Dolenz x male!reader

~Your POV~
They had been on the set filming all day and all I wanted to do was go swimming. Well nothing was holding me back but I wanted to go swimming with Micky, my boyfriend. But they still weren't done filming so I picked up a book that was sitting on the little table next to me and I continued reading where I left off. It felt nice to read out in the air conditioned studio rather then the practical oven of our studio trailer.
A few hours later Micky came over and kissed my forehead to get my attention. I looked up and chuckled.
"Why hello there my little drummer boy." (He hated that I called him that but it was just so fun to get a little rise out of him).
"(Y/n) stop calling me that!"
"Hmm, I'll think about it."
He walks over to the make-up table and starts cleaning off the make-up they put on his face. I just go back to reading and waiting.
An hour later we are on the beech. It was Peter's idea to go and none of the others opposed so we all got dressed In our swim suits and walked out to a beautiful spot near the studio. Now it was 1967 after all and there were bound to be homophobes, especially since The Monkees were so popular and some girls would die if Micky asked them out so we were pretty subtle with our relationship especially in front of the public or press. The other three didn't really care though, they were just happy that Micky was happy, they couldn't care less who he dated.
I was laying on a towel in the last rays of twilight sun when Micky ran up to me and dumped a bucket of cold sea water all over me.
"YOU ASSHOLE!" I shouted as he sprinted back to the others. I got up and chased after him. I finally caught up to him in the water because he didn't want to go any deeper then his hips. He said it was because the water was freezing, and it was but as a person who grew up in San Francisco and swam in that ocean my whole life, this was nothing to me. I grabbed his hips and pulled him to me. I smiled then took the bucket from his hand and filled it with water. Now Micky was stuck between a rock and a hard place. One option was go deeper into the cold water to get away, option two was stay where I am, finally, option three was to try and book it past me. As he was contemplating which to choose I finished filling up the bucket and dumped it over his head and laughed. He wiped off his face and moved back his hair from over his eyes and grabbed me around the middle of my torso. He pulls me in and kisses me, we both start smiling and laughing in the middle of the kiss. When we pull back I splash him with water and he lets go of me. I run back to shore and grab a towel and wrap it around myself. He walks back to shore, also grabs a towel and kisses my forehead.
"Alright guys, you don't have to rub it in my face that I'm single!" Davy says and crosses his arms.
"Lets go get some ice cream before the place closes." Peter suggests completely ignoring Davy and his complaining.
"Hell yeah! Lets go! I could do with some ice cream." I say and start walking off to the shack with the boys in tow. Along the way we loose Davy because he saw a pretty girl and just forgot about us all together. He always does this so we weren't worried. Somewhere along the way Micky had grabbed my hand so now we were walking together holding hands. Peter was at the head of the expedition and was just excited for some ice cream. Next came Mike, who also wanted ice cream but wouldn't have a meltdown if the place was closed and finally came Micky and I.
There were about three people in line in front of us. A small child, then a couple holding hands like us then finally Peter and the rest of us. When the couple got up to the window, ordered, and started walking away after being served they saw us holding hands. Oh my God, you would have thought Micky and I were killing her little purse dog she screamed so loud.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?" She screamed.
"Umm... what does it look like?" Micky said. I laughed a little at his response.
"BUT THERE ARE CHILDREN AROUND!!"
"Yeah, and your point is?"
"You shouldn't be showing them that it's okay to be" She whispers "homosexuals."
Micky, Mike, Peter, and I all start absolutely dying of laughter as she and her boyfriend stalk away.
Finally we get our ice cream and sit down to watch the sunset. Once the sun goes down we start heading back to our trailers.
~end~
___________________________
A/n: #15 okay so this one isn't too good but I freakin love the "She whispers 'homosexuals'" part so yeah. Enjoy:)