♚〡SIX

Eve bounced with excitement as she held the map in her cold hands.

"I think I would like to visit the Kremlin and then The Red Square. Perhaps we could go to the Wolf Sanctuary too!"

Jessica smiled at her excited daughter. Eve would always be her little girl, even after Eve realized she was meant for so much more than their human world. Austin nodded and went onto his phone to figure out the times of tours.

"There's a tour at 12 for the Kremlin. If we leave now, we could make it there on time."

When the family made their way out of the castle, Eve was surprised to see a car waiting for them, started, with a chauffeur outside. Glancing at Adlaric, somehow she just knew he had set this all up.

He briefly turned to her with a subtle gleam in his eyes before he held his arm out, gesturing for her to go down the castle steps. Eve, blushing, stepped down with her family and the chauffeur opened her door for her.

She wasn't used to such chivalry, so she smiled brightly. "Thank you!" She wasn't flirting with him, but to everyone else, it looked like she was blushing because of him.

Adlaric growled low in his throat at how she shook from a simple gesture. With their heightened senses, June and Dimitri gave him a skeptical, yet understanding look. Both could smell the shock and appreciation that Eve's body was giving. They both knew their Alpha was angry at how something so...simple could be so new to Eve. To Adlaric, women should always be treated with respect and respect often meant opening the damn door for them. Dimitri grinned as he stood beside Adlaric on the steps.

"What kind of guys do you think she's dated if she's never had a goddamn door opened for her?" The King seethed.

Dimitri sighed his hands in his pockets. "Do you really want to know?"

Adlaric wasn't sure. He was angry that she dated boys- boys, not men -that treated her poorly. He was also angry that he could smell the faintest scent of attraction for their driver from his little mate. His teeth gnashed as he made his way down the stone.

"I'll drive," he said to the driver. He was normally respectful, but his wolf demanded to make their claim on his mate. "Leave," he ordered, dominantly. The driver gulped as he raced away. Adlaric got into the driver's seat and drove out the driveway.

Any anger he felt at the castle was gone the moment he noticed she was wearing an Ushanka- a Russian fur hat -from a tourist shop in the depths of Moscow. He hated the city; humans had a wretched scent and they lacked decency. They coward before him, but they didn't respect him. He was a natural leader, and he didn't respond well to those he could not lead. But as he stood here, watching his young mate strolling around the shop with a grin that could compete with the sun, he suddenly didn't mind being in the city.

Eve laughed as June put on a fur coat and walked around her theatrically. They had stopped in the shop after visiting the Kremlin. Eve quickly learned that Adlaric wasn't just famous in his town, but everywhere else too. As soon as Adlaric had stepped foot in front of the security guy, because you can't enter without getting scanned, the man looked as if he wanted to pee himself. Adlaric and Dimitri had special clearances which allowed them to forgo the rest of the searches, meanwhile, Eve and her family had to finish them.

"Oh! Can we go see the State Heritage Museum?" Eve asked, coming back to her parents. She had taken off the hat and was now in line to buy a souvenir keychain. Austin nodded as he stepped behind his daughter, taking out his wallet. Unknown to Eve, Adlaric had stepped forward and insisted Austin put away his cash. Instead, the Alpha pulled out his wallet and handed him ten crisp one-hundred rubles.