♚〡EIGHT

She didn't feel like herself.

Well, she felt like she was who she was before going to Russia. She didn't like the feelings she felt before Russia. Eve felt empty. She wanted to feel like she felt while she was there.

She sighed as she fidgeted in her chair. Her school had asked her and a group of her friends to be ambassadors for an open house. The school wanted some students to promote the school to new students or families considering attending.

"We follow a period schedule, so we have six classes a day," Eve's friend, Eberly said as she looked at the parent who had asked about their schedule.

Eve's interest piqued when a few more people entered. Her excitement fell when a certain man hadn't entered. It'd been a week since she had seen him, but it felt so much longer. She longed for him.

A parent raised their hand and Eve called on them. "Are you close with other students?"

Eve smiled, hiding her internal feelings. "We are all very close. This is a hard school so we bond over mutual stress," she joked. The parents laughed.

"Do you ever get to travel?"

Eve knew that voice. Her eyes snapped to the side of the auditorium and her heart burst as she saw the man of her dreams standing there with his suit jacket hanging on his arm.

She nodded enthusiastically and bit her lip before responding. "I actually just went to Russia," she said breathlessly.

Adlaric smiled. "Do you miss it?"

I missed you. She nodded. "More than anything. Ever since I've come back I've felt like...I've been missing something very important in my life."

Adlaric gave her that dazzling smile before another parent asked another question. Her eyes always went back to Adlaric. He was intoxicating.

When the meeting was over, the girls circled and started gossiping.

"Oh my god, did you see those guys!" One girl had cooed.

"That man was gorgeous," another added.

"I wonder how old he is!"

"I wonder if he's single?"

Eve never felt so angry in her life. She was possessive over someone who wasn't her's, but she was so...jealous. No one had the right to look or talk about him like that. It wasn't fair. Without thinking, she quickly joined the conversation.

"Thats Adlaric Romanov. He's gay."

Adlaric sputtered into his coffee cup as he overheard the conversation. He had smelled her anger before seeing how red her face got. Part of him was thrilled she was so possessive over him. Another part chuckled at her response. Dimitri laughed beside him, grabbing his stomach to calm himself down.

"What about the other one? Damn, I didn't know Russia produced such fine pieces of-"

It was June's turn to interrupt. June wanted to do anything to make her mate not seem so desirable to these teenage humans. "I hear he can't get it up."

Dimitri's laughter stopped immediately and Adlaric smirked.

The girls pouted and split up into groups to show their guests around. It just so happened that June and Eve were put in a group with Dimitri and Adlaric.

"Hi," she had greeted breathlessly.

"Hello, Evangeline," Adlaric responded, how smooth voice melting her core again.

She blushed at his tone and looked down at her feet. Her friend, Eberly, began to speak about the school as they all walked around campus. They walked out of the school up to the soccer fields and barn. The school was known for its equestrian team.