Chapter 9

Liana

When Oliver picked up the phone after 2 rings and I told him that I was done with my interview.

"I am waiting in the lobby." He said surprising me and I told him that I am coming down soon.

Oliver was actually sitting on the couch and checking out the magazines displayed on the coffee table. As soon as he saw me, he put the magazines down and stood up and walked towards me as we met in the middle.

"You seem happy. Any good news?" He smiled.

"Not really, I think I did a good interview, even if I do not get the job, I am feeling confident about myself." I said. "It's been a while."

He smiled. "I think you will get the job, trust me."

I laughed. "Are we visiting now?" I asked about the house he was talking about.

"Actually, let's go for lunch first, then to the place." He said.

I agreed with him. During lunch, he was telling me about the big project that apparently he started with Grayson's idea few months back. They are planning to start something with hospitality industries and he sounded so excited that I can't help, but smile at him.

"I think it will work out great." I tell him, knowing that no matter what Oliver does, it will be perfect. I have seen him work hard in office and I know his love for work can't beat anything else.

"You think so?" He said looking hopeful.

I nodded my head. Our lunch turned into an awkward one when he brought out the topic about what he did in the six months.

"It was a struggle." He said to me. "I can't even lie to you about that."

I pursued my lips and looked at him. I really wanted to know what he did though.

"What did you do in those six months?"I asked, curiosity taking over me.

"Like I said before, I reflected on a lot of things. Yes, at that time I wished things was different and would want to go back and change those, but now that we are here with each other. I wouldn't want to change a single thing because that's how I learnt my mistakes. I made a mistakes and I reflected on it and I am really sorry about that." He said looking guilty. "I should have asked for your consent."

"I was just-" I didn't know what word to use. "Overwhelmed."

"I know. I didn't mean to scare you, that was what I was worried about from the very beginning and my intuition turned real." He said. "I wanted to give you the world that I want to give, but I give you the world that I was afraid of." He said.

"What is the world that you are afraid of?" I asked not really understanding him.

"The world of loneliness." He said. "The world of being alone. I want to stand with you in everything." He said looking sincere. "If you allow me to, of course."

I looked at him and my heart melted at his words. Words may sound so nice, but when it comes to reality, it is different. Everything is different.

"The world that we live in is usually about give and take, but I want our world to be balance. I was selfish, but I want to make up for all those times." I tell him honestly.

"We can try, we always can." He smiled at me. "To our world." He said picking up his wine glass.

"To our world." I said as we clinked the glasses.

He laughed, a real and nice laugh. I missed him so much.

The house that he bought was beyond beautiful. It looks vintage and beautiful from the outside and I was so curious about the inside already. The house was totally empty with three people inside and I realized they are the one who is in charge of renovating.

There was nothing inside the house, disappointing me a little bit.. the house was dusty and old. The place is actually a little further away from Downtown and is located in the best place in Seattle. There was blue prints laid out as the two men and woman explained their ideas and what they thought and if Oliver would like to add anything. I looked around the house as I touched the old wall.. I wondered who was the last people who stayed here.. what was it like staying here. The place is absolutely beautiful although it is old.

"Liana." Oliver called out my name as I snapped from my thoughts to look at them.

"Yes?" I said confused.

"Would you like to help me?" He smiled at me. I was pretty surprise with his question.

"Yes-sure." I said totally off-guard.

As they explained to us-again, because I didn't hear that time about what they have planned. I kind of had a frown on my face and tried really hard to make a straight face, but I couldn't. Yes, their plan was absolutely wonderful and sound so perfect and I know they will be able to do it, but it sounded more like a hotel start-up business than feeling of home.

"I think my girlfriend have something to share." Oliver chuckled putting me on spot.

"I-I am fine with it." I said. It is Oliver's house and I do not want to interfere in his matter.

"We are open to suggestion." The middle aged man with blond hair and little streaks of white hair said, smiling warmly.

"Go on, baby." Oliver encouraged softly. Him calling me that after a while made the inner me do somersault.

"How about we add a little art gallery hallway or room?" I said. "Oliver likes Arts." I looked at Oliver who was pretty surprised at first, then smiled.

"Oh.. that we were unaware of." The woman said pretty surprise. "We can use the hallway towards the pool side, leading to a room as the art gallery?" She suggested.

The men nodded their head. "Oliver likes books too. He reads a lot." I said chuckling and looking at Oliver who was already looking at me.

"So a library? We already have it cover." The other man said.

"Yes, but can you make that library feel more like at home, spacious, lots of lighting? The room in the libraries be made of glass walls and outside there is like good view or something. He will spend half the time there."

They looked at me with a smile, "I think this house will look more than better with your help." The woman said and I just smiled while Oliver looked at me with a proud face and smile.

Author's Note: How is it going, beautiful readers? Thank you taking your day's time to read our book. Your support means a lot to us. Please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Thank you so much! Next update for this book is tomorrow. Happy readings!