15: If only I was your true love

Ms. Busier gave us an A- on the project and my day seemed to be getting better when Adrien waved me over to our table at lunch and Lila wasn't even sitting there."
"How Marinette been?" He asked me with a charming smile.
"I'm okay. I just wish Alya would talk to me." I sighed.
Alya, Nino, and Lila all sat down at the table.
"Marinette! How nice of you to join us. " Lila said warmly. I almost scoffed. She could talk as nice as she wanted, but the icy glare in her eyes destroyed any niceness.
"Yea." I grimace, trying not to get on her bad side. If I wanted Alya to be my friend again, then I was going to need to be nice to Lila, as much as I disliked her.
"Hi Alya, Nino. " I said.
"Hi." Nino replied.
Alya only looked at me, as if she was judging my motives.
Something told me this was going to be a really long lunch.
After school we had to practice for the play.
"Marinette, I need those costumes." Mrs. Jean reminded me before we started.
"Don't worry, I'll have them here before dress rehearsal." I said. Dress rehearsal was in 3 weeks.
"Okay, Let's go to the scene where Anna, Christoph, Sven, and Olaf are looking for Elsa's castle. Anna take it off with "What now?" Mrs. Jean ordered.
Adrien, Nino inside the reindeer costume, the 12th grader Grayson who was playing Olaf, and myself entered the stage.
"What now?" I asked, looking at an imaginary rock wall.
Adrien looked around and sighed. "It's too steep. I've only got one rope, and you don't know how to climb mountains."
"Says who?" I told him and the I stood up on a chair, pretend to climb the rocky face.
Nino, nudged Adrien with the costumes nose and he looked up at me.
"What are you doing?"
"I. Am. Going. To. Find. My. Sister. " I said in between breaths.
"Your going to kill yourself." He told me, as if stating the obvious.
"I wouldn't put my foot there. " He advised.
"Your distracting me. "
The scene continued on until Olaf's line.
"Hey Sven?" Olaf asked. "I'm not sure if this will help, but I found a stair case leading exactly where you want it to go."
"Ha ha! Thank goodness. Catch!" I yelled out, jumping off the chair backwards.
At that moment, Lila decided to burst into the room, calling out Adrien's name.
I landed on the floor with an oof! Pain started to shoot up my back.
"Marinette, I'm so sorry. " Adrien said, helping me to my feet.
"Omg Mari, are you ok?" Lila asked innocently.
"I'm fine." I said coldly. If she hadn't intterupted, I would have been way more than just fine.
"Let's just redo that line." I told Adrien.
"No way." Lila said. "You need to rest your back, and maybe have the nurse take a look at it."
"I'm fine." I said. What was her purpose this time?
"No your not. You need to make sure your ok. I will rehearse in your place." she offered.
I found out her purpose.
"You know what, maybe I should get my back checked out. " I said, playing into her game. She nodded her head enthusiastically. "But you don't need to cover for me; that's what my understudy is for!" I said gesturing to Cara Delvga who was sitting in the front row.
"Really, it's not a big deal... " Lila objected.
"I've got it. " Cara interjected moving onto the stage. I smiled satisfied as I started on my way to the nurses.
"Let me help you. " Luca offered, coming to my side.
"Sure." I said.
We walked to the nurses office in a comfortable silence.
The nurse declared that I would be okay, but I may have some bruising so I should head home and put some ice on it instead of going back to rehearsals.
Luka, like the gentleman he was, offered to walk me home.
"Hey... " Luka suddenly said.
"Yeah?" I asked as we were nearing my home and bakery.
"Would you want to go on an actual date with me? Not a party or anything extreme like that. "
"Sure!" I said. I needed something to take my mind off if the problems Lila was causing me and the stress of the production.
"Friday night at 8?" He suggested.
"Sure. What's the dress code?" I asked.
"Whatever you want to wear. Maybe something comfortable." He replied.
"Sounds good. I can't wait!" I replied.
I waved goodbye as I entered my home, a smile on my face.
Luka was so sweet.
I spent the rest of the afternoon helping my parents in the bakery, despite Tiki's warnings that my back would feel worse in the morning.
After I ate a quick super of ramen noodles, I rushed up to my room to work on more of the costumes and go over my script.
I was singing For The First Time In Forever and adding the finishing touches to Elsa's coronation dress when I heard a tapping on my window.
I jumped up in surprise, but giggled when I saw it was none other than Chat Noir.
"Is that an angels voice coming from a princess?" Chat asked as he climbed through the window.
"Ha ha." I said. Chat hasn't been over in a while, I wonder why he was here now.
"Whatcha working on?" He asked, gesturing to the dress.
"It's Elsa's coronation dress, but I'm also making it into her Ice Queen dress as well." I said.
"Really, how?" He asked interested.
"Well you have the obvious design of the coronation dress, but instead of Elsa in clipping her cape on the mountain scene, I designed the dress so that you can flip the cape inside out and it turns into the Ice Queen dress. And for the shoes, they are actually a pair of clear plastic heels, but I'm putting in lights that emit a black light and when she stomps on the ground hard enough, it turns off the light and the shoes are clear." I told him.
"Wow, Marinette, your a genius." Chat praised me.
"I try." I told him.
"So uh, anything happen at all today?" Chat asked weirdly.
"Oh yeah! Luka Couffaine, he is a junior, be asked me out on an actual date!" I told him, excited.
"What? Really?"
"Yeah, it was great! He walked me home after I fell in practice for the play and he just asked me. "
"Wow. Great. " Chat responded.
"Are you okay, after you fell? What happened. "
"Oh it's not a big deal. We were rehearsing a scene where Kristoph was supposed catch Ana, but the guy, Adrien, that was playing Kristoph got distracted when a girl named Lila called out his name after I jumped off the chair. " I rambled on.
"I am sure that, um, Adrien probably feels terrible about the whole thing and didn't mean for you to get hurt. " Chat said.
"Oh, I know. Adrien is the sweetest boy in the world. He wouldn't try to hurt anyone on purpose." I agreed.
"Good." Chat told me.
And then we were stuck in an awkward silence.
A|N
I am so sorry for the slow updates. I am currently writing a book on my joint account ( coauthurname). Its a fan fiction that includes the DOLAN TWINS, TOM HOLLAND, CAMERON DALLAS, SHAWN MENDES, CHARLIE PUT, JAMES CHARLES, EUGENE LEE YANG, so if ur into that go an check it out!
Xoxo ocot101