Chapter 11

Ethan's P.O.V.

We all follow Emma inside. I don't even know how she manages to keep control of everyone and everything while surrounded my dominant males. I mean Josh/Chris are basically the Alphas of the Smith Organization, our fathers are the Alphas of the Blood Moon pack, Jackson and I are the Alphas-to-be of this pack. I mean it is amazing how she is in charge yet no one has a problem with it.

We all sit down in the living room. Since this is the pack house, the living room is fucking huge. Emma, Jackson and I are lounging on one couch, Josh and Chris on another while our fathers are on their own chairs.

I start the discussion, "How are we attacking the Hunter base? With them, every minute counts for mom's survival."

Josh took the lead, "The map of the Hunter's HQ shows that Ava is mostly likely held in the basement turned prison. There was several ways down, one which is near the entrance. What we want to do is have Emma on sniper duty, Ethan and Jackson leading the charge of the Alphas' wolves while the Alphas themselves look for Ava."

I wanted to be the one to look for mom. Why couldn't I be? I was annoyed at the way this was planned and wanted to say as much.

"Why can't I look for mom?" I whined. Yes, I can be childish if I want. I am only sixteen, god dammit. Josh gave me a look.

Chris explained, "Since Ava is the Alphas' mate, her scent is stronger to them. Their wolves will most likely take over and nothing will stop them from getting to their mate."

I didn't have an answer, so I remained silent. 

Jackson commented, "Where is Emma's sniper gear?"

Josh answered, "In the helicopter. We knew that since this is a traditional wolf pack, they won't have the necessary weapons."

I add, "I never understood why packs never wanted to use guns. All the battles we have witnessed are with claws and in wolf form. These things could be avoided with a quick shot to the heart."

"Honor," retorted Asher.

"Suicidal is more like it," shot back Emma.

Josh told Ryder in a conspiratorially fashion, "They can go on like this bickering for days. Might want to tell your twin that this is a fight that he is destined to lose." 

In an equal dramatic manner, Ryder answered, "The same genes, all of them are equally stubborn."

"You included? Same genes as well," said Chris.

Ryder laughed, "Yes, me included, but I know how to pick my fights, a talent that seemed to have skipped my brother."

Asher scowled, "C'mon, let's focus! Our warriors will follow our sons to fight. Those Hunters have been giving us trouble for a while."

Emma commented, "I assume you guys have a sniper hideout picked out?"

"We do," said Chris.

I intervened, "Then, we are good to go. Let's get the warriors, fighters, whatever you want to call them."

Ryder and Asher's eyes glazed over, showing the fact that they were mind-linking their pack.

When they came back to us, Ryder told us, "Our warriors will meet us here in an hour's time."

"Good, we will bring them back to Smith HQ through the tunnels," Josh stated.

"Wait, what tunnels?" questioned Ryder.

I answered him, "Well underground, there are tunnels. Don't worry they stop at the edge of your territory, but they are faster than above ground."

"Then let's get prepared," Emma ordered.

"One last thing, we need to talk to the warriors before we head to Smith. John is a rogue from this pack and there will be vampires, demons, fallen angels, witches. We don't want anyone to start a fight," warned Josh.

"I can do it," I volunteered.

Ok, then it's settled," agreed Asher.

Jackson spoke, "We need some gear. I saw some when we were running through the pack house. Let's go for real now."

*One hour later*

We were in front of the pack house with the assembled warriors in front of us. Josh wanted me to speak to them when they were all assembled in front of us.

I yelled to get their attention, "Listen up! I am Ethan Smith, son of Alpha Ryder and Alpha Asher. I am also partially in charge of the Smith Organization. Your Luna, my mother, has been captured by Hunters. For her to come back here, we need your cooperation. My brother, my sister and I will escort you to the HQ of the Organization."

A wolf called out, "Is that all?"

I ignored him and continued, "As you know, the Smith Organization accepts any rogue of any species as long as they were not cast out for something horrendous. This means that there will be wolves from this very pack-" A cry of outrage goes out, "-vampires-" Another cry of outrage goes out, "-and other species. We expect you not to confront anyone."

A warrior stepped out, "How can we make a deal with traitors and leeches?"

I am pissed. Some of those 'traitors and leeches' were my friends. Jackson, Emma, Chris, and Josh were also mad.

Jackson blew his casket, "I was under the impression that this pack wanted a Luna. Right now, it seems like you are happier that we keep her for ourselves."

Another cry of outrage goes up among the warriors. Any pack is stronger when their true Luna was with them. Any other Luna would be better than none, but worse than a true Luna. It would also hurt the pack physically if their true Luna died.

Another wolf who seems to be respected said, "I might not like vampires, but I will deal with them for our Luna. After all, I cannot judge someone who's identity I don't know."

Emma added, "I can assure you that not any member of the Organization is a murderer. If one of our own breaks the rules, the penalties are harsher than in packs. It is death."

That shut the others right up. They meekly bowed their heads and cooperated.

I clapped my hands together, "Now that we have your full cooperation, we will get going."

I start walking with Josh, Chris, Asher, Ryder, Jackson and Emma in front. 

We did it, we succeeded and got help.

Just wait mom, we are coming for you.