Prologue

Everyone is familiar with the concept of a hockey wife. A hockey wife is a woman who is married to a hockey player. Usually, she lives in a mansion or a really big house paid with her husband's pension and salary. While the husband is away playing hockey, the hockey wife stays home, takes care of the house, and, in some cases, of the children. That is the traditional role of a hockey wife. The thing people forget is that before becoming a rich hockey wife, she was just a girl living in a shitty apartment with a semi-pro hockey player that was gone half the time. The path before becoming a hockey wife is hard and can be painful. You have to be a hockey fan, a hockey girl, then a hockey girlfriend and maybe, just maybe, you will become a hockey wife. You have to go through years of misery for just a maybe. Maybe, you will see the man you love succeed in the thing he has wanted his whole life. Maybe, you will see his dreams come true. Maybe, just maybe, you will get out of that shitty apartment to move into a house that suddenly feels way too big for just the two of you, or just you when he is away on the road. Becoming a hockey wife is not easy. It is filled with sacrifices and disappointments, but, sometimes, something good, beautiful even, happens and maybe, just maybe, you think it was all worth it.

This is our story. This is the story of a little boy from Victoria who always played hockey. This is the story of a girl from Victoria who fell for a guy who always played hockey.

***

This is it everyone! The first chapter of my new story is finally up! I know it's short so the second one will be up soon. I still want to know if some of you are excited about this story. Don't forget to vote and comment, I appreciate every single one of them. Thanks in advance,

Alexandra xx