Rescue

It didn't take long for Keela to find the event. She had pulled up her facemask from the collar of her shirt. It pulled up and secured itself, hiding the lower half of her face. She hadn't wanted to use it when she first started out, but her CEO mother had insisted she be better at hiding her identity than her other mother had. Glasses and a ponytail hadn't been enough comfort for Lena to know her daughter stayed safe. It had taken some getting used to, but Keela eventually got to a point where she felt bare without it. Her mother had made it so it could fold up and hide in the collar of most her clothes. It was thin, yet durable and even had a voice disrupter in it. It was quite useful, especially in times like this.

There were three strong heartbeats that had gaven away where it was all happening. Memorizing heartbeats was a trick her mother had taught her. Being able to pick them up from a distance had come in handy on more than one occasion. And she had her aunt and mothers' heartbeats to follow. She saw her aunt Alex guiding people to safety, Supergirl fighting off people with some sort of weird weapons, they seemed to be doing ok. The third heartbeat had skipped and Keela immediately started to search for her. She used her x-ray vision to scan the area where the heartbeat was coming from. She saw her mother standing there with her hands up, and her uncle Jimmy on the ground. She listened closer and sighed from relief that he sounded fine. But then she saw the men in front of her mother. They had loaded weapons aimed at her. The sound of triggers being pulled spurred her into action.

The hammers hit and the bullets sent through the chambers. Lena flinches, but she feels nothing. Instead, she heard the familiar sound of the bullets being stopped by something. Supergirl. Or so she thought until she opened her eyes and saw the back of a dark haired woman. The woman let out an amused laugh then moved incredibly fast and the men were unconscious and, not only disarmed, but the slides of all the guns had been taken off and the clips taken out. When she blinked, the woman was suddenly in front of her asking if she was hurt. Lena tried to answer, but when her eyes met the blue of the unknown hero, they both froze. Lena felt a sudden pull towards the woman in front of her. And even though she had been the one in danger, there was a need to protect the stranger in front of her. She shook her head in an attempt to push the feeling away and she answered, "I'm fine. Thank you. But- James," She knelt down next to him and listened to his breathing, "Oh, thank god."

Keela felt rather weird. She didn't know that the maternal connection would activate so strong in this time. She had felt it briefly with Kara, but it wasn't the same as it is in the future. Wasn't NEARLY as strong, it was like a paint brush gliding over her skin. But with Lena, it was at least quarter strength. Which was good that it wasn't the whole bond, but she never expected to feel it that strong in a time where she has yet to exist. Maybe it was because Lena was the one who carried and gave birth to her. It could be something to bring up to her mother in her own time. It was a topic that they still hadn't known much about. The bond wasn't necessarily a NEW thing to her kind, but the ones between her and her parents was stronger than any others had experienced. Keela had spent time on Argo with her grandmother learning about it. She had visited people from surviving guilds trying to learn more about it, but even with the Kryptonian information that survived, progress was null.

Though it wasn't just the surprising strength of maternal bonds that had the young hero feeling odd. It was seeing her mother and uncle in the way she was witnessing. She knew. She was aware that they had dated for an amount of time. But knowing and witnessing are two different things. She felt almost childish when she felt the need to gag. Maturity and manners were needed at the moment. Even if the scene before her made her grimace. She loved both of them, but not both of them together.

"He needs a medic," Lena snaps her out of the thoughts that she had been stuck on.

"Right," she knelt down next to her mother and uncle, "I'll take care of him, m-Miss Luthor."