Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Marissa’s POV

I took Alex’s hand as he led me to the car; he shot me a bright smile which made me happy. I guess he truly did like me or else he wouldn’t be making such an effort.  He opened the door for me as we reached the car, it was so nice of him to treat me so delicately.

As we drove out I caught a certain face looking through the window at us, Zane. His face showed no anger or despise towards Alex his face simply read disappointment and sadness, but that was beyond me he brought that on himself. 

“So what are we doing tonight?” I asked happily while turning my attention back to the amazing man sitting beside me. “That’s a surprise but I think you’re going to like what I have planned.” I had to smile at his surprise, we had been talking for the last couple of weeks and I’ve picked up some stuff about him and the same towards me for him.

I know that his favourite colour is red, favourite sport is soccer and he has a younger brother. He lived here with his mom and dad in a little house about twenty minutes away. I loves the homily feeling he gave out when I was around him, it was just so easy to be around him without feeling like you’re not good enough for him. He was so nice and gentle that it was impossible not to like him.

We hummed along to the radio without talking for about half an hour before we pulled up at a book store/café. I could smell the strong aroma of caffeine around me. This was one of the things we had in common, we loved spending a lot of time reading although I’ve never been here before.

“I remembered you said how you like things to be real and something that you can remember. This isn’t over the top, it’s just a place to relax and smile. But that’s the kind of person you are” just hearing him say that me remembered meant a lot. It means that he was paying attention to me this whole time.

I stepped out of the car and intertwined my hand with his. “You know you got this spot on, I already love it” I gushed out. we could talk here and get to know each other while discussing books and drinking café drinks. It was definitely my kind of place and it felt so right to be here with him. Only a guy that knew me would know to take me to a place like this and that just proves to me how good for me Alex really is.

“I was hoping so. You know you’re the first girl I’ve liked in a long time? You’re not afraid to be who you are and you let it show.” He stopped walking and turned towards me as he said that. A warms smile spread across my face that was one of the sweetest things someone has ever said to me.

“You’re the most amazing guy I’ve ever met. Honestly I don’t know anyone who cares so much and pays attention to the stuff I say” it was true, Alex was that guy that every girl wanted for herself. He was so handsome with his neat short brown hair across his hear, his green eyes stood out among his facial features and he had such a strong jaw line that only enhanced his smile.

“I don’t know what guy wouldn’t want a girl like you” he whispered. He leaned closer to me, brushing a stray piece of hair from my face and tucking it behind my ear. I felt my breath hitch in my throat. He was so close and I could so the thin smile spread out across his lips and my eyes couldn’t help but keep drifting towards them. I haven’t had my first kiss yet but this would really be perfect.

We were inches apart, his lips were so close to mine- “You bastard all you ever think about is you!” A angry lady screamed, making us both jump apart. I looked over too see a lady that looked to be about twenty walk out of the store with a man following angrily behind her. “Says the stuck up women that was trying to steal a book off another women” the man said throwing his hand up in the air.