t w e n t y - t h r e e

Jιнοοи ѕατ ∂οωи το τнє οƒƒєяє∂ wooden chair by Soonyoung, too tired to even complain about not being a child to the older. He didn't notice the fond smile that rested upon Soonyoung's mother's face, looking at the both of them as if they were just little children excited to eat their mother's cooking.

Soonyoung sat down beside Jihoon and gawked as he realized the dishes that his mother prepared.

"Whoa! Eomma! This is a lot!" but Jihoon didn't even bat him an eye as his gaze was glued to a certain dish, biting his bottom lip. He felt himself salivate as he resisted the urge to just reach for the jajangmyeon and dig in.

"You didn't have to, Eomma!"

Mrs. Kwon was laughing as she flapped her hands. "Of course I had to. This is your soulmate in the hou—" but when they turned to Jihoon, they noticed Jihoon's intense stare and chortled. She slid the bowl of jajangmyeon towards Jihoon and smiled at him when Jihoon looked up.

"Have some, dear! These are all for you!"

"F-for me?"

"Of course! Eat all you want. It has been a while since the last time I had a guest." The best mom ever. He reluctantly took the bowl and bowed to Mrs. Kwon.

"Thanks for the food."

"Well, what are we waiting for? Eat up, boys!" Soonyoung and Jihoon simultaneously grabbed their chopsticks and did as what they were told, saying their thanks first.

Soonyoung reached over for the udon and twirled noddles around his chopsticks, blowing on it. Jihoon canted his head to see what he was doing and noticed his food.

"What's that?"

"It's udon." Jihoon tilted his head in confusion and Soonyoung chuckled, offering the noddles to the latter. "Try it!"

When Jihoon's lips wrapped around the sticks' edge, he hummed as a rich flavor took over his taste buds.

"It's good. I've never heard of an... udon? Was it?"

"Yeah. Udon is actually a Japanese dish. I just like Japanese foods."

"You boys are so cute. You suit each other very much! What do youngsters call it these days?" Mrs. Kwon hummed, her eyebrows creasing until she lit up, remembering. "Oh, yes! Ship! I ship it!" She winked mischievously at the two and the both of them quickly looked away, embarrassed.

"So you like Japanese foods, huh?"

"Yeah, I-I do..."

"I see..." there was an awkward silence between them and Soonyoung's mom didn't like it at all. She tried to think of a way to break it until something emerged in her head.

"Youngie-ah is actually half Japanese." Jihoon's eyes widened in shock as he gaped to his soulmate's mother. "He is?"

He turned to Soonyoung. "You are?" Soonyoung tittered as he looked away, blushing lightly. "My dad is actually a Japanese. My name in Japan is Ito Hoshi which means 'This Star' there." Jihoon hummed, taking in the new information he learned about his soulmate.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did the two of you meet, Mrs. Kwon?" Soonyoung's mother looked up from hearing Jihoon addressing her. She frowned. "Jihoon-ah, I told you to call me 'Eomma'. I feel old whenever someone calls me that."

Jihoon bit his tongue as he realized his mistake and bowed politely to the woman. "I'm sorry, Eomma."

"No worries. Now about you're question..."

★彡

"ωαιτ, γου мєαи γου ѕτιℓℓ нανєи'τ gone to Japan yet?"