~Nick~

By the time we had made it to my car, Izzy had already taken my jacket off. She was working on my tie as she kissed me on my lips.

My grip on her hips loosen as her fingers run through my hair. This wasn't what I wanted.

Yes I wanted Hazel to hate me.

But not this way.

I pull myself away from Izzy. She's breathing heavy and her hands are resting on my shoulders.

"What's wrong?" She asks, trying to catch her breath.

I remove my hands from her body and create a distance between us.

"I can't do this."

Her eyebrows furrow.

"Can't do what?"

"This" I say motioning between the two of us.

She scoffs at me and crosses her arms.

"You can't or you won't?"

"I won't."

She shakes her head and drops her hands to her side.

"What happened to you Nicky? You used to make the first move. And now you won't even touch me" I can hear the hurt in her voice.

"Things happen that make people change. You know that better than anyone."

She narrows her eyes at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What happened to you? You used to be so loyal. Then one day that changed."

"This is not about me Nicolas. This is about you." She snaps

I run my hands through my hair roughly. I didn't know how to explain this to her. I couldn't tell her that I had a girlfriend because that would be a lie.

But I don't want meaningless sex anymore.

I wanted something more.

Something I know I couldn't have.

So why did I pull away?

"You haven't changed at all Nick. You can't even have your attention on me for five minutes"

Anger started to blossom in my stomach.

"Please you are not one to preach to me about loyalty. You are such a hypocrite" I scream at her

"Do you know why we broke up Nick?"

"Because you can't keep it in your pants?"

"No! We broke up because you become so obsessed with your job that you didn't even look in my direction. I got put on the back burner. And I needed to find a comfort. You weren't there for me. You abandoned me." She says with a harsh tone.

"You don't care about anyone but yourself. You are so self centered and egotistical that you wouldn't care if Gigi-"

"Don't bring my sister into this Isabelle." I snap, my fuse becoming shorter.