~Hazel~

I saw the look in his eyes. I saw the pain and the despair.

He didn't want me to leave and I knew that. But I needed to. I can't be around him anymore.

He's to much for me to handle anymore.

"You okay?" Jordyn's voice brings me out of my trance.

I look up and see him walking towards me with his hands in his pockets. He had a sympathetic look on his face.

"I will be."

Jordyn nods his head before pulling his keys out of his pocket.

"Need a ride?"

I nod briefly as I walk next to him.

The silence is almost unbearable. I rub my arms trying to warm myself and distract my brain from thinking about Nick, and the look on his face. He looked defeated.

"I have an opening at my firm if you would be interested. It's pretty easy, answering phone calls and scheduling meetings. Pays well too."

I show him a small smile.

"Thanks for the offer. I'll think about it."

Another silence comes over us and it lasts until we get to his car.

He opens the passenger side door for me and I slide in, careful not to wrinkle my dress. He shuts the door once I'm fully in and walks around to the driver's side.

I give him my address as he starts the car.

I take my heels off and rub my feet and ankles as he starts driving.

"I'm sorry about dinner" I finally say.

He shrugs.

"It's not a big deal. We can just reschedule. Like how about tomorrow? My friend is having a birthday party at her house"

"Umm sure, can I bring someone with me?"

Jordyn gives me a quick side glance before answering.

"I don't see why not. I'll just tell her to buy extra beer" he says with a chuckle.

"Oh he won't be drinking."

Jordyn looks at me quizzically.

"My son. I'd like to give my sister a break from babysitting if it's alright. Do you think it'd be ok for me to bring him?"

His features soften slightly as he focuses back on the road.

"I think she would love that. Gigi loves kids."

I smile at the thought of Ollie being able to be in a crowd of people.

"I hope he behaves" I mumble

"Why wouldn't he? He's got a great role model"

My cheeks blush bright red.

"Yeah well he has some issues.... he can't function like a normal ten year old. He has autism, epilepsy, EPP, and adhd. So he's basically a four year old in a ten year olds body."