~Hazel~

"Hazel are you sure you wanna take him? You know I can watch him" Opal says as I take off the third top this morning.

"No he needs to be with people. He'll be inside and with me the whole time. I have extra meds packed for him." I hastily explain as I try on a navy halter top.

I turn around and face my sister who has moved her position to laying on her stomach.

"What do you think of this one?"

"Hazel you look beautiful in everything, just pick a shirt."

I turn back around the face the mirror and scan over my outfit. My navy shirt is a perfect contrast to the black jeans I'm wearing. I decided on dressing up a little because birthday parties aren't usually casual.

"I like it" I finally state.

"Finally" Opal says laying her head on my sheets.

"Hey I'm not that bad!" I defend.

Opal lifts her head and raises an eyebrow at me.

"I haven't seen you this nervous in a while. What's going on with you?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"I just haven't been on a date in a while. And bringing Ollie has me a little on edge. I don't want him to be uncomfortable."

Is this a date? Jordyn never said it was. But he's taking me as his plus one to his friends birthday party.

"Well I'm proud of ya sis" Opal says with a wide smile.

I smile back before putting on my black leather jacket and my black combat boots.

As I make my way into the living room, the doorbell rings. I go to open the door and stare, stunned at Jordyn. He looked handsome. He was wearing a white button up shirt, he had the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He paired it with sneakers and a pair of jeans.

His brown hair was gelled back and he had such a charming smile on his face it made his brown eyes pop.

"Hi Hazel, you look beautiful"

"Thank you" I mumble

"You ready to go?"

"Just give me a second I need to check in Ollie"

Jordyn nods his head and shoves his hands into his jean pockets.

"Come on in, I'll just be a minute"

Jordyn follows behind me and stands by the door as I head to Ollie's room.

"Ollie? Honey? Are you ready to go?" I ask stepping into his room.

Ollie comes out of his closet in jeans, converse, and his favorite Spider-Man long sleeve shirt.

"You look so handsome"

"Thank you mommy"

I ruffle his hair before grabbing a hat and heading back to Jordyn.