~Nick~

I felt my heart thundering against my chest as I awaited her answer. I needed her to know how I felt. When Jordyn came in and told us she was leaving I needed to see her. I needed to tell her that I loved her.

Tears were streaming down her face and I tried so desperately hard not to reach out and touch her. I wanted to wipe her tears away. My heart was aching.

I glance down to Ollie, who has a death grip on Hazel's hand. He glances between me and his mom a few times before she says the words if been dying to hear.

"We'd love a ride" she says with a smile spreading across her face.

I could see it in her face that she didn't want to go. She was scared. I just hoped it wasn't of me.

I needed to do this. I need her in my life. I can't lose her.

**

After getting dismounted, I tie up Gigi's horse to a nearby branch and turn to go help Hazel. She was off Delilah and was kneeling down to Ollie's level and fighting the strap on his helmet.

"Ouch mommy" Ollie wines.

"I'm sorry honey, I don't know what happened. "

Hazel's hands shake as she fights with the helmet.

"Here let me" I say bending over and gently grabbing her wrists.

She looks at me for a brief second before she drops her hands. I quickly remove the helmet on Ollie's head before standing up and grabbing Delilah's reins. I tie her next to Thunder, and grab the blanket out of her satchel. I give her a quick pat on the nose before walking over to Hazel and Ollie.

I lay the blanket on the ground and sit on it. Haze remains standing and just watches me with her arms crossed. She was putting her wall up.

I lay the spot next to me a few times before she finally sits down, putting as much space between us as possible.

"Mommy, can I go play by the lake?" Ollie asks his mother.

"Just be careful honey"

Ollie nods his head and gives his mom a quick kiss on the cheek before running towards the lake, which was situated a few feet in front of us.

I lean back on my hands and Hazel hugs her knees closer to her chest. I didn't know why she was closing herself off.

We sit for awhile and watch Ollie play in the water. He had his jeans rolled up to his ankles as he stood barefoot in the shallow end.

The silence was nice, it was just the two of us. But I know I needed to tell her the truth, I needed to finish what I started earlier in my bedroom.

I needed to kiss her.

I needed to feel her.

I take a deep breath before I open my mouth. I wanted this to go right. I needed this to go right.

"Nick?" Hazel calls my name quietly.

I turn my head to look at her and see that she's holding back tears.