Chapter 7: Layla

Morgan's Pov

I was sitting outside on the ship. Just waiting for something, anything to happen. Nothing had happened for the past few hours surprisingly which made it really boring. The only thing that was really going on was us swaying on the ocean waves. Back and forth, Back and forth. I was lucky I didn't get seasick. 

I gently closed my eyes beginning to fall asleep but it didn't last long before I heard a commotion going on and I woke up. I heard people yelling and I got up slowly walking inside and they had a girl cornered yelling at her. I didn't have to do a double-take. I ran to the counter grabbing a knife since it was the only weapon I had near me at the time and I quickly stood in front of her protecting her.

"Back! Back off!" I yelled protecting her. I looked back at her. My sister, Layla, was here. "Are you okay?" I said quickly as the men in front of us growled. She nodded her head slowly.

"I tried to follow you! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea of how worried sick I've been!?" She yelled. I winced not liking yelling.

"Apologies, I was following someone and we ended up here. I'm the idiot who got caught," I said. One of the men tried to charge at her but she was faster than me grabbing the knife from my hand and quickly slitting his throat. Not deep enough to kill him because this way he would die in excruciating pain in less than 10 minutes. 

"Damn girl" I smiled gently and she handed me the knife as the men surrounding us backed off slowly looking at her terrified. I smiled and I hugged her carefully which made her tense up in surprise which made me quickly let go. "Shit. We have to get you out of here. How the heck are you even on here?" I asked. 

"I hid. I'm able to fit in small spaces despite my want to not do that. Fucking stairs." She said. I laughed slightly but I got serious as I heard Agatha enter and I resumed my protective position around her. 

"What is the meaning of this?" She asked. I protected her not moving. "Who is that behind you?" I cursed under my breath. "Morgan. Move. now." Her voice had a deep warning tone. I went to say something but my sister quickly interrupted. 

"I'm sorry what? You do not speak to my sister like that." She said taking a step out from behind me. Agatha glared at her. 

"And who are you to stand against me?" She asked with a warning tone. My sister smirked.

"Layla. I'm Morgan's sister and you better back the fuck off bitch. Nobody fucks with my sister." She said with a growl in her voice. Agatha growled back and looked at me. 

"The only way she doesn't die in the next 10 seconds is if you take her away and make her join us. She's seen too much already." Agatha said.

"Actually..." She started but I quickly cleared my throat grabbing her arm gently and leading her away from Agatha afraid she would probably get murdered. I brought her to Shelby's and I's room and I sat her down on a chair in the corner.

"What were you thinking?" I said whispering so I wouldn't wake Shelby. 

"Why are you whispering?" She asked. 

"Because Shelby is sleeping. So listen up because I only want to say this once. You need to join this crew and do Initiation." I said quickly.

"Okay. I'm cool with it." She said nonchalantly. I looked at her both confused and shocked. 

"Wait, what? No arguing? just joining?" I said confused. She nodded. "Oh. Well okay then. Welcome to Insurgent Chaos then?" I said slightly confused. She laughed. 

"Don't be so surprised. You should know me." She laughed again and she smiled her famous smile she flashed all the time at people. 

Agatha suddenly stormed in waking Shelby up fast and she yelped sitting up quickly and she scooted to the wall. I stood up and stood in the middle of both of them in case Agatha attacked either but I knew she could do a fake-out move. 

"Is she joining or will she have to join the sharks?" Agatha asked glaring at her.  

"She's joining," I growled standing very protectively by her. Shelby looked at me.

"Who the hell is in our room?!" She yelled. I looked at Shelby with a look that said 'we'll talk later.' I looked back at Agatha and she looked over my sister. 

"Fine. Initiation is coming up in a few minutes. Be ready you three. I make no excuses for people who are late." she said. She quickly walked out of the room slamming the door shut making Shelby yelp and Jump.

 "Well, that was eventful." I sighed.